General Taming the Elevator

treff

Another day and more questions. I'm sure I have asked this before but for the life of me I can not remember the answer. Old age I'm afraid creeps on LOL I have two helis both 450's both setup pretty much the same. The first one HK450
was pretty docile on elevator until a sudden meeting of the ground. Anyway repaired it and set it up simular to the first build. It runs nice and smooth but the elevator as become very sensitive. Slightest movement of the stick and it is
either shooting up or down like a jackin a box. What can I do to soften this up other than expo. Many thanks in advance

treff

I don't know wether other flyers of helicopters in the hotter countries experience difficulty but here in Wales temperatures have been getting up to around the 30c mark.
I know some of you will laugh at this but that's warm for this part of the world. Well I have been out flying and having great problems bringing the helicopter under control
when gusts of warm air, thermals blow through my flying site. The heli is being carries upwards at a fair rate of knots then being driven to the ground and struggling with full throttle
to keep aloft. It seems quite a struggle to maintain anything regarding a hover. It's fun at time then dire at other times LOL Cheers

Lee

Does the elevator look to move faster or more on the bench? Check your radio settings haven't changed.

treff

Thanks Lee will have a look. I found another problem where the drive for the tail belt is warped so loosing the tail every now and again also the one way bearing
is no longer one way LOL. So, a few problems to sort out. My YEP program card arrived this morning. I think it was about 2 weeks on the slow
boat so not to bad. Hope the car is running okay for you. I have also brought a new car. We had a Fiat Panda before. I almost turned the thing over near London
a couple of weeks ago, problem with the brake pulling to one side. Had it up on 2 wheels, first one way then the other. Thought our time had come.
We brought an SUV called a Dacia Duster built like a tank but great to get in and out of especially for the wife because she as a hip problem. Our Grandson calls it a dustbin.
Thanks again for the info. I also see HK are advertising Jobs but you have to move to Hong Kong. If I was younger I would go for that sounds like a dream testing RC . Cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom