600 Talon 90 med ikon gyro

Rico

Hi there Guys :)
well i am all most done Building my trex 550, but i need to ask what is the best govenor settings i can put in the talon esc ??

i am running a 16 tooth pinion and a 112 tooth maingear.
my motor is 730mx from align and my bat's are 6s 5800 mah 25c
i dont have the cable to set up govenor in ikon, so i have to do it in the talon, but i have no idea no what numbers i have to put in there.
so any help would be great for me :)

Greetings Rico.

cml001

I use 2000, 2250, & 2450... But in the ikon.. The 2450 is pushing the limit as there is very little overhead left for the gov to work with. It's just a micro USB to a reg USB for the ikon connection.. Pick it up cheap at Walmart..

Rico

Hi there cml, as far as i can see there is no where you can put in a plug in the esc, so i guess that i have to solder the 2 cabels on the motor wires, but im from denmark and we dont have wallmart here hehe but i might be abel to find a cabel some where :)
but i will try with those numbers you gave me, and see if the talon programe will accept them :)
thank you for your replay.
Greetings Rico

cml001

The micro USB for ikon... To hook the ESC to ur computer ull need a "castle link". Anything bud.

Rico

hi cml.
i have the field Card with cabel, and i have been in to change it to heli but it is that govenor i dont understand, when i set in numbers it say that i have to have a throttle curve on flat 30% and one on 70% and one on 100%, is that in my tx i have to make the flat throttle curve ???

it would be easyer if i saw a video on how to setup govenor and tx hehe

but thank you for your replay :wink:

cml001

Yes.. In the software for the ESC.. Set ur desired headspeads.. Then to make those values work u need to set ur throttle curves in ur transmitter to a flat 30, 70, & 100... That's the basics of how it works. There are some differences depending on ur equipment. I'll look for a clip to show u.

- - - Updated - - -

http://youtu.be/EvNK6R9v9Rw
http://youtu.be/LheLvGeEXZ0
See if these help.. Post up any other questions and well try to figure it out.

Rico

Hi Cml.

you dont have to look for a video, i just tok some pic's of my tx, i think i got it now :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

or do thy have to be all flat ??

Thank you in advance :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

cml001

N - 0, 30, 30, 30, 30
Idl 1 - 70, 70, 70, 70, 70 flat
Idl 2 - 100, 100, 100, 100, 100 flat
Hold - 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 flat
Make sure u have ur ESC set to gov... That's the gist... I'll try to get on tonight to get a little more in depth.. At work right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Do look at the videos tho.. It'll show u how to set the ESC.. It's good stuff to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Blades off while on the bench.. Safety first... Easy to loose a finger!

Rico

Hi cml.

i set the throttle curve as you describe, but the aint the jumb from 30 % to 70 % too high ???
and i am trying to see the video now, but i have to wait for my littel princess go to bed hehehe
i saw the first video, it is only about how to set endpoints, done that and scroll 2 click over high and low so it should be good :)
well i wont desturb you on your Work, so see ya later :)

Dirk

Hi Rico,

Don't worry about the jump. You set the desired rotor rpm in the Castle Link software. Not sure what the best head speed for a 550 is. On my 700 I run 1500, 1650 and 1800 on my various flight modes. The software will warn you if you are trying to run the head speed to high. (Not enough headroom left)

cml001

I use 2000, 2250, & 2450... But in the ikon.. The 2450 is pushing the limit as there is very little overhead left for the gov to work with. It's just a micro USB to a reg USB for the ikon connection.. Pick it up cheap at Walmart..
This is what u need for the 550pro dfc stock.

- - - Updated - - -

It won't actually be going from 40 to 70 or 100... These values equate to 2000 to 2250 to 2450 governed as set in the ESC software(if those are the headspeeds u entered.. As I did)

Rico

that is the head speed i enter, and i can see that if i enter 2400 rpm at 100% the talon prorgame says ( setup has minimum governonr over heat ) so what should i write in there insted ???

- - - Updated - - -

ok i tryed to lover the speed a bit, 1 is at 1800 rpm and 2 is at 2100 rpm and 3 is at 2300 rpm, and they are all good in the programe, but still at 30% and 70% and 100%.
i cant lover the procentege

cml001

No... In gov mode the ESC uses those percentages to keep the desired speed. Keep in mind that the n (normal mode), if set as stated above, will see have 0 throttle at low stick...

Rico

Hi cml.
i finaly got it done now, it seems to Work fine, it is going nice up and Down in governor mode :)
i made a littel video, and on the video you can see that the red light is flashing 2 blinks noce in a while, and i did some home Work on that, and that Means that the ikon is stucked in flying style setup 2, aint that sopose to follow the switch ( normal and idel one and two ) in the ikon programe it says that you can asing a switch for that one, but i cant figure out where, do you know that ??

[video=youtube_share;b92xN7zSffc]http://youtu.be/b92xN7zSffc[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, i hope i can make a test flight this weekend if the weather is up for it :)
i will see if i can find some one to record the flight :)

Thank you so mutch for your help so far, i couldent have done this with out you :)

cml001

Sorry I haven't got back with u bud.. Outta town for my wife's grandmothers funeral.. Yeah u can assign ikon banks in serval ways.. Give me a couple days and I'll get back with u bud.. Sorry for the delay.

bbj

N - 0, 30, 30, 30, 30
Idl 1 - 70, 70, 70, 70, 70 flat
Idl 2 - 100, 100, 100, 100, 100 flat
Hold - 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 flat
Make sure u have ur ESC set to gov... That's the gist... I'll try to get on tonight to get a little more in depth.. At work right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Do look at the videos tho.. It'll show u how to set the ESC.. It's good stuff to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Blades off while on the bench.. Safety first... Easy to loose a finger!

I also am setting up my my 550L with the ikon but using the gov in the ikon instead of the gov from the esc because I want to use the bailout feature of the ikon and read that it will only work if I use the ikon gov. Should I use these same settings if I am using the ikon with its gov? Or should I begin with the N_ at 0, 40, 40,40, 40. I was thinking of also using head speeds of 2100, 2250, 2400 or should I also lower them. If so what would you recommend.

Top Bottom