General tailwag

Engr_Arven

hi guy, i want to know what really caused of my setup coz my heli tail wag so hard and i followed tony's videos.i used 3gx 3.1, and dx6i tx and 450 pro heli....tnx in advance and merry x'mas to all!!:thumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
First, make sure the status light on teh 3GX is green. If it's green, great. If not, go into your gyro menu on the DX6i and set your number ABOVE 50. Start with 65% on position 0. This should give you a green light.

If you followed my video for the DX8, then you have your gyro set to 35% and that is not only RATE mode on the gyro, but it's a VERY HIGH rate mode and will cause this wag.

So go in and check your gyro settings.

Another thing, you MUST be using a separate Rx with teh 3GX. If you are ONLY using satellites, then this is your issue. When you use satellites only, then your gyro channel is #7, and you don't have a 7th channel. Channel 5 is actually now your governor. However, when you use a separate Rx, the gyro channel goes to channel 5 where you need it. Something else to check.

Let me know if this helps.

Engr_Arven

These are my connection goes,yellow wire-aux1(ch5), orange wire-elev, red wire-ail, purple-thro, green-Rudd, blue-gear.,am using ar6210x rc.

Tony

Staff member
Actually, the gyro gain should be plugged into channel 5 / GEAR. Aux 1 is your pitch servo. The yellow wire should be in Aux1. Red to aileron, brown (I think) to elevator, Green to rudder and purple to throttle

3GX Pinout.jpg

3GX Pinout.jpg

Top Bottom