FBL Gyro Tail Went Crazy

Spencer

Here is the scenario. Flew my FBL Trex 500 (IKON)and hovered fine the day before except for a little tail wag so I inspected the heli and found the movement of the tail a little sticky which gave me an “ah, ha” moment. Assembled (everything now smooth. Went to fly it today and found, at first the tail a little awkward and with out warning the heli spun 360 deg. I shut it down and check all the connections and smooth operation. Ran it with out the head and everything “seemed” ok. Reassembled and tried again. Same thing happened. NOTE: the direction is the same as the last input on the stick.

I am thinking I need to verify all the settings in the IKON unless someone here has any other ideas.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like the gyro correction is backwards for the tail. When you move the tail, the trailing edge of the tail blades should point into the direction of the tail movement.

Spencer

Ok. I seen your IKON video on that and will check that first. Back to work for now though and will update once I solve it.

Previous advice is likely correct. Check the gyro tail settings. Seems odd that it would change just by working on linkage, but, maybe it was wrong to begin with? Can't hurt to check all your gyro settings.

Spencer

I am away at work and will look at it next week but I am also considering I may have a tail servo failing. I have seen similar symptoms. So I ordered one just in case......

Top Bottom