450 tail vibration issues

currently having vibration issues, yesterday was fine, but switched out the flybar for a black 190mm fly bar, and made the belt tighter now having vibration issues, i loosened the belt a bit and its still doing it, it get quite a lot of vibrations after going past 50% yesterday it was like butter but now its like its angry or something . any ideas or advice thanks.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm not sure If it will make a difference but try it on finish floor instead of the carpet.

murankar

Staff member
Your going to get some vibrations in the tail. If the tail is holding solid, not acting like it's possessed, you should be fine.

Keep in mind vibrations are going to affect the gyro more than anything. That's why we dampen the gyro with foam tape.

One thing to look for is while hovering look at the vertical stabilizer. If it appears to be two then you have a vibration issue. Use that stabilizer as a gauge while flying.

ok gotcha, was running butter smooth about 30 min ago, decided to do one more run up and ran it full speed in the bed room with main blades off but tail blades on, and shockingly the tail blades broke off and went into the dry wall, same thing happened a few weeks ago but had the main blades on and was doing one of my first builds, do learned my lesson and always keep main blades off while in the apartment, well thought i learned my lesson, apparently the tail blades on the cheap plastic tail box can also break off from the centrifugal force. so just now ordered a better quality metal one, and will need to keep on eye protection.

Tony

Staff member
Just now getting to this thread (sorry for the late reply) and the videos no workie for me. But sounds like you have your issue sorted out.

got it all set thanks tony, I found out the magic of balancing your tail blade assembly and now running much smoother and was able to tighten down all my screws.

Top Bottom