450 Tail set up for mini titan 325-HELP.

Guys I need some help. I have done the set up of the Spartan quark gyro. That includes 3 steps. First you choose the type of servo that you use. Second you let the gyro know the right direction of the tail slider. Third you adjust the endpoints of the slider so that you don't have any mechanical binding of the slider and rest of the tail parts. When the gyro initializes the pitch of the tail blades is the appropriate to counteract the torque of the clockwise main head rotation. I set this pitch doing hovers in rate mode. So I have set the endpoints. As the heli is tail in to me, when I push the tail to the right the slider moves to the left. And stops at the endpoint which I have set, and holds there. When I push the tail to the left the slider moves to the right. But it moves until a point where the pitch is zero degrees. Before the endpoint which I have set. And it holds there.
Now, if I move the stick to the right the slider moves to the left until the endpoint I have set and holds. But when I move stick to the left the slider goes at the endpoint which I have set but it doesn't hold there. It returns to the point where as I referred above the pitch of the tail blades is zero. And there it holds.
This means that as I have the heli tail in if a gust blows the tail to the right it will hold. But if this gust is applied to the tail towards left the tail won't hold. It will rotate clockwise freely. As the slider stops at zero degrees pitch as I referred above. I played with the rudder servo travel on my dx9 but I haven't managed anything. What should I do? Any opinions? I hope I described the issue clearly.

murankar

Staff member
This sounds like head hold mode. If so the gyro will react to the wind when the tail moves. If the tail moves without stick input then the gyro will correct the heading.

Try this:. Use the rudder stick to move the slider and set it at a point. Then move the tail by hand and see if the slider reacts to the movement. If so you should be good.

that's the point. When I move the tail by hand, as I'm tail in, say to the right, the slider moves to the left and stops at the end point that I have set. But when I move tail to the left the slider moves to the right but stops sliding before the endpoint which have been set. There where it stops the blades pitch is zero degrees. Though I have set an endpoint further than this. What is happening? Please take some time to read my description above.

murankar

Staff member
There are a few things to look at. Lets start at the begining, 1) try and reset the end point; 2) Check for anything that might be stuck or binding; 3) Unplug and plug the flight pack back in and see if the issue can be reproduced.

I have never used a Quark gyro so I dont know their nuances.

More specific when I move rudder stick to the right as I'm tail in, the slider goes left and holds to the endpoint which I have set. When I move the stick left, the slider goes right to the endpoint which I have set, but it doesn't hold there. It returns before that endpoint where the blade pitch is zero. Which means if an external force is applied to the tail from the right as I'm tail in it will not hold as the pitch is zero degrees. The heli will rotate unless I put a stick movement.

Smoggie

So when the servo 'stops short' does it get stuck in that position or will it move back the other way if you give a stick input? If it gets 'stuck' and only moves if you give it a nudge that would indicate a burned pot on the servo. Or if it doesnt 'stick' it could it simply be that the gain is set to too low a value, too low a gain value means that the servo wont respond correctly to stick input or the heli movement.

Only other thing I can suggest is run through the setup again from scratch.

Thanks, at the moment I will change the blades. I am using some kds 450 blades that are not as much wide as the stock ones. I will change to the stock ones that are much wider. So that it will take less pitch on rate mode, to counteract the torque of the clockwise rotor head. I don't think the servo has any issue. As it slides both sides when I move by hand the tail. I just think that the gyro gives a limited route to the servo. I don't know..

Yes I increased it, but the same thing. When I'm tail in and move by hand the tail to the left, the slider goes right until a specific point. Not further. There where I have zero degrees pitch.

Top Bottom