450 Tail servo subtrim?

Bruno

In order to get my tail servo at 90 I used +13 clicks of subtrim.
Is it OK to use tail rudder subtrim to get the arm at 90 degrees?
I was doing some research and thought I read not to use any subtrim with the tail servo.

Also, are the above referenced "clicks" on my DX6i eguivalent to degrees?

Slobberdog

I used the servo horn with 4 arms and turned it until one of the arms was pretty close, actually it was spot on so I was lucky,

dont think the amount on the tx relates to degrees.

not sure if using subtrim would be a problem, if done before doing tail setup and limits, but someone will give you a definative answer no doubt.........

murankar

Staff member
I personally would screw/unscrew the linkage ends. When mine flies I have maybe 1 click of trim because of the fact that I can only do full turns.

As far as sub trim, yes I have sub trim. I also fly a flybar heli also. If your on 3gx then I here that you need to be in dir mode to 90 the servo arm.

Tony

Staff member
It depends on your gyro. Somethign like the AR7200BX or the microbeast, you can't put anything in the Tx, it all has to go in the gyro. But others like the 3GX and 3G gyros, you can use subtrim with all servos. When you make a change on the tail, you MUST go through the rudder setup menu again and let it know the new settings. Same with cyclic and DIR (if using a 3GX that is).

Bruno

It depends on your gyro. Somethign like the AR7200BX or the microbeast, you can't put anything in the Tx, it all has to go in the gyro. But others like the 3GX and 3G gyros, you can use subtrim with all servos. When you make a change on the tail, you MUST go through the rudder setup menu again and let it know the new settings. Same with cyclic and DIR (if using a 3GX that is).

I am using the 3GX. I failed to realize that I need to be in DIR mode when adjusting subtrim. Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, yes, you must be in DIR mode. That way, there are no gyros trying to correct anything and everything is at center. Hope you get it going soon, let us know if we can help any further.

Bruno

Ah, yes, you must be in DIR mode. That way, there are no gyros trying to correct anything and everything is at center. Hope you get it going soon, let us know if we can help any further.

What about the Align GP790 gyro (I have this on my 450 sport)? Can I use subtrim to 90 the servo?

Bruno

Yes, you sure can. But again, you must redo the setup after you adjust the subtrim.

Thanks Tony. I have made repairs and adjustments to both my 450 Sport and Pro. Yesterday I removed the training gear that I had on as a precaution while I tested the repairs. I plan on testing my gain settings (without the training gear) and finding my maximum gain for basic flying. So, I wanted to be sure I had the Gyro(s), Servo(s) and rudder(s) set prpoer first.

john2012

Banned
see you learn something new every day and i have the some problem is i may need to use subtrim on my 450 pro and 450 sport this is good to know thanks tony your the man,im having the same delema here also

Bruno

see you learn something new every day and i have the some problem is i may need to use subtrim on my 450 pro and 450 sport this is good to know thanks tony your the man,im having the same delema here also

Off the thread but....what is your rationale for owning the two helis (Pro & Sport). I am curious if it is similar to mine.

Tony

Staff member
Just remember, you can use sub trim, but do NOT use the trim tabs on the front of the Tx. Those must remain in the center. And I know I have said it before, but you must go through the setup, even if you move it 1%. It's imperative. I know, redundant, but it's that important lol. I can't tell you how many times I have set up this gyro of mine lmao.

Bruno

Well....I adjusted the gain to both the 450 pro (3GX gyro) & sport (GP790 gyro) by 10 points up to 78 and 77 (DX6i Tx), respectively. Looking forward to see how they perform with a bit more aggressive flight/piros. Seems the training gear obviously cause more vibration and the need to reduce the gain.

Last edited:

john2012

Banned
well now that i got my tail rod the lenght witch in inches is 13 37/64 i measured it out on a piece of wood and have got the ball links to the center on both ends an still needed to add 3 clicks to my subtrim

Top Bottom