Servos Tail servo question

Slobberdog

Just received my new tail servo, not fitting it yet till I find out if my wag problem is gone, but what servo horn would you use and what hole do you recommend fitting the ball to,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
It all depends on what heli you are using it on. that looks like a 9g servo, so I'm sure it's not going on your 600 lol. The servo horn doesn't matter, but start out with the hole that keeps the linkage as straight as possible. Usually, this is done on the middle hole. But I can't see the holes on the small arm. Either way, I would use the 4 horn that's on it and stick it in the middle.

stokke

This is from the DS510 from the 450 PRO.

P1000193.JPG

Slobberdog

Yes 9g ds425m and its for my 450, to try and lock down my tail as I am getting drift I think due to cheap tail servo, ok for the person who owned it before me as he flew in rate mode all the time.

Small arm has one right at the end and one 3 mm further in,

Oh plus this servo is twice as quick, so should be able to keep up with my reactions, lol hehehehehe

- - - Updated - - -

That's about where it is on the servo that's in mine already, just no info in the manual, but I guess it's depends on what servo horns you use

Tony

Staff member
the 425 is a GREAT servo, you will like it as long as you are using a good gyro with it. And yes, I stand by what I said. Use the 4 arm as Stokke posted and use the middle hole. It looks to be the same hole as he posted. Even though he is using the mini servo on his 450 and not the micro, it will still work. It's a great purchase. Set your band to 1520us and you will be golden.

Slobberdog

Don't know if I got the luxury of setting the band as I am using this at the moment

image.jpg

It's a gulang models GM 700

Just has switch for digital servo or analog

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
20:1 that gyro is your drifting issue. Do your self a favor and get a good quark or Align gyro. That and your new servo will be the best money you have spent. But, you should at least be a bit better on the tail with that servo. However, it's still a piezoelectric gyro. This means you need to let it acclimate to the outside temp for about 15 minutes BEFORE plugging the heli in. Otherwise, it's drift city when it's not calibrated to the correct temp and thinks it's constantly moving when it's actually not.

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony, was looking at the quark yesterday might invest when I get a few spare sheckles, but am tempted to hold off and go fbl might just see how this goes for a bit, no decisions decisions, can't think staight, think I might have been bitten by some kind of bug........

murankar

Staff member
Ok if you are going to use that new servo the horn should be on the inside hole. Check with calipers, measure from the center of the output shaft hole to the center of the inside hole. The align manual should tell you what that should be, I think it's 8mm double check just to make sure.

MY gyro suggestion is the JR G2703D. I have had mine now for about 9 months and no issues holds hard and very very very little drift if any.

Slobberdog

Thanks for the info guys, g270 3d not in uk shops 250 is though, think if I replace my choices at the moment is futaba gy401 or quark, but here in is my dilemma for a couple of bucks more i can get the beast x and run it in gyro mode for now

Top Bottom