450 tail servo help

z257

just blew up my tail servo i do have a spare servo that i tryied to put on but when i move it right it goes way to far and when i try to turn it left it wont do any thing. this is my first time replacing any type of servos so what and how should i do this correctly. working with my erazor 450 and my wft07 tx.
thanks,
zack

Tony

Staff member
What servo do you have to replace it with? If it's the same brand and make of servos, then you shouldn't have to do anything. Otherwise you may have to totally resetup the tail. If I remember correctly, the gyro on that is the GY192, correct?

murankar

Staff member
Have you re-centered the servo horn? If so then I have no answers, but if you have not then try it and see if that helps at all.

z257

it now works. but its realy fast when i put just a little input in it. i guess ill mess around with the expo and stuff but thanks for the help might get to fly today

Tony

Staff member
Good luck. as stated above, make sure the servo arm is centered on the servo and at a 90º angle to the rod. You will have to either put the gyro in rate mode or plug the servo directly into the Rx to make this happen. If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to ask.

Top Bottom