Servos Tail servo choice

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm getting ready to install KST215 servos all the way around on my Gaui X3. As i was going through my tool box of electronics parts and found a Align DS425M tail servo. Now I'm confused in which servo to use on my heli. I heard that the Align tail servo is a good tail servo to use but i also have the KST to install, which i heard was a good tail servo to also. Which servo should i install and which servo should be back up? If this helps, I have a DX6i Tx, AR7200BX Rx, Yep 60a Esc and HK 1700Kv motor, KSTDS215mg for cyclic and for tail servo, this is were i can use any advice and it will be appreciated.
D.O.G.

" Everyone have a safe Happy New Year!"
:smile:

murankar

Staff member
Go with the kst tail. Not that the align won't work but with all ksts you can up your voltage what ever your ESC will do and you won't have to worry about the servos. Kst servos are about 8 volts and the align is about 6 volts (double check that just to make sure).

In the end that's what I would do. Use the align for another project.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Go with the kst tail. Not that the align won't work but with all ksts you can up your voltage what ever your ESC will do and you won't have to worry about the servos. Kst servos are about 8 volts and the align is about 6 volts (double check that just to make sure).

In the end that's what I would do. Use the align for another project.

Thank you Murankar! I will do that. I will go with KST. I will have future question to ask later on down the road as my parts come in.

murankar

Staff member
No problem.

FYI: due to the efficient design of the air frame, you will want to shorten some wires.

Servo leads and both the motor and battery leads. The wire that can be left untouched is the RX lead off the ESC. Just keep an eye on your wire runs. My tail servo nicked one of my RX to fbl jumpers pretty good. I turned the RX so the connections are facing forward.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
No problem.

FYI: due to the efficient design of the air frame, you will want to shorten some wires.

Servo leads and both the motor and battery leads. The wire that can be left untouched is the RX lead off the ESC. Just keep an eye on your wire runs. My tail servo nicked one of my RX to fbl jumpers pretty good. I turned the RX so the connections are facing forward.

That good information to know about the wiring. On the Esc " Yep 60a" i've seen people mount the esc up side down "Lettering facing down" does it make a difference for cooling purpose or does it even matter? Where should i mount the AR7200BX? on the top or should i mount it inside the frame, behind the battery, is a spot for the Rx. Does that even matter? Sorry for all the question but i want to make sure the electronics stay some what cool.

murankar

Staff member
ESC, right side up. I have mine right side up even though the bottom is not flat.

My gyro is on top of the front boom block and my RX is inside the frames right under the boom.

Tony

Staff member
Does this helicopter not have space for a mini servo such as the DS525? Is the tail a micro servo only setup on these?

Top Bottom