450 tail rotor not working as i spool up.

So on one of my new hausler 450s the tail rotor is giving me no yaw control as the tail rotor spools up. works fine when its going at a slow speed but once its going fast theres nothing, it works toally fine when not spinning and moves very freely, if anyone has ideas let me know. Tail servo is centered 90 degrees all that good stuff. See video below and see what i mean

Smoggie

It's caused by vibrations interfering with the gyro. If the heli has had a crash then most likely something is bent.

That could be true, but when i disconnect the gyro and just run it with only the rudder servo connected to the receiver, same problem. Im going to try and switch out the tail blade bearings and see what that does

Smoggie

That is odd.. You could be right with the tail grip bearings. I've not seen it first hand but i've heard of problems with thrust bearings in the tail grips causing the tail to lock up under centrifugal load.

All fixed, it was bad bearings in the blade grips, i had a spare grip from a different heli and works fine now. From what i can tell, the tail blade has so much centrifugal force that if the innards of the blade grips are bad then you will get no positive or negative pitch on the tail blades at high speed.

Top Bottom