450 Tail Gyro gain on gear switch

scrc511

I have a Gaui X3 equipped with Mini Vbar and has the 5.3 pro upgrade. My radio is JR X9503. I wanna be able to use the gear switch for the tail gyro gain. When I did at one point, my radio would read already at 0% on the travel adjustment and the Vbar would read at 64%. I wanna be able to get past 64% to at least 60% to 58% but how can I when my radio already at 0%? Is there a way?
Thanks for all your help.

Scrc511

murankar

Staff member
Dude you need gaba to answer that question. He has a 9503 its just not the x model. I wish I had a better answer for you.

Hows the X3 treating you? Mines collecting dust till I get some new servos.

scrc511

Love it, used to have the 450L. Sold the airframe and bought the Gaui X3 frame from Helidirect. Gain is all good, set on the Vbar but I wanna be able to use the radio gear switch for easy access on the gain if I should have to make some changes. I have a Zeal 350mm mains on it, might sell it for $26 shipped & Paypal'd. What are you running on yours electronics wise?

Scrc

murankar

Staff member
Once I get the new cyclics in those will be KST DS215mg servos, tail servo is the Savox 1257mg, gyro is a clone BeastX, radio FS TH9X flashed to ER9X, 2250 mah 35c Pulse Packs. Blades are stock Gaui blades at the moment but have a set of 326mm Rails in the case. Motor is a Scorpion 2221-8 3595 KV motor and a Castle Phoenix 50Amp ESC with a Castle External BEC. It seems to have enough power for a 3S setup. I would love to 6 but right now I got some things to get upgraded first before I make that jump. For 6S all I need is the motor and packs.

I have been flying RF7 with the X3, X7 and recently the CYE Stingray. I finally flew the Diablo S on RF7 and oh my god its a sweet thing and very hard to fly correctly.

As for your switch you might be able to assign the gain to the gear switch. Not really sure since I don't have that radio. You may have to go into the tail gain menu to manually set the gain again not sure.

scrc511

Think I got it. Gear switch up, +2% in the radio and 64% in the Vbar, switch down -10% in the radio and now Vbar reads 57%. I think even if I have the switch down, rate mode? Vbar is in the right value and still will read as head holding mode. As for my electronics, I have CC ESC LITE 50, CC external BEC, KST cyclics servos DS215's, KST Tail servo DS515, mini Vbar with 5.3 pro upgrade, has the Zeal 350mm mains right now but I also have the 350mm spins which I think a better blades than zeal. I used to have the Align 550 & 600 but due to financial situations can't really go into bigger Heli's just yet.

Regards,
Scrc

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, hopefully I got it. I reversed the Gear switch, now when the switch up head holding mode can actually adjust the travel adjustment on the radio under gear channel, going up will lower the percentage in the Vbar, and going down will raise the value. Now my radio is at +10%, Vbar now reads at 57%.

Regards,
Scrc

- - - Updated - - -

Think I got it guys. I reversed the gear switch, now my radio reads +10% and Vbar at 57%. Hopefully it works!

Regards,
Scrc

murankar

Staff member
Rate mode i think is going to be Under 48%. I dsy 48 because you dont want to stay as far away from 50 as possible. 50% is neutral and does nothing on either side for you. Also is there a way to adjust the tx so it matches what is in the v-bar software?

- - - Updated - - -

I just found this video from Ron Lund. keep in mind this is just to show you how to setup your gear channel for tail gains. He actually sets his up so that he has three different tail gain settings on AUX 2. He is also setting up a Multi Gov at the same time on the Gear channel. He then Uses his flight mode switch to change between his gov and tail gain settings. Not sure if this will help since its on a beastx. I am sure the concepts are the same though.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&hs=xkz&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=nts&q=jr+x9503+vbar+tail+gain+setup&spell=1&sa=X&ei=svQaVIPdFcKtyATW74GYBQ&ved=0CBwQBSgA&biw=1525&bih=693&dpr=0.9

murankar

Staff member
One day, Knowing my luck there will be 5 feet of snow on the ground it will be -20 outside when I do.

Top Bottom