Tail dragger

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Can someone explain what tail dragger means? The group name sounds really cool, but I am just curious.

Lee

Its the type of plane that has two wing mounted wheels and a small tail wheel. So it looks like its dragging its tail (TailDragger) Like a Spitfire or Mustang. If you have one of those planes you can join the group.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, what Lee said. The Edge 540's, Extra 260's, Rogue 3D Bipe, RCH Trainer and the Telemaster (all of which I have in my arsenal) are tail draggers. Not the best for beginners (other than the Telemaster) but man are they are lot of fun.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Thank you for prompt responses. That makes sense. Unfortunately, I don't own any plane. Helicopters alone are extremely challenging for me to keep up.

My ultimate goal for this hobby is to be able to do aerobatics ( smooth, not extreme 3D). Watching videos of guys like Tareq smacking their poor helis to the ground makes my heart jump out.

This forum is extremely helpful in providing its members with info on how to repair and/ or build their helis. However, I think there should be a section dedicated to sharing flying skills and experience, providing those who wish to push their 3D skills to new heights a venue to discuss and learn.

I owe my basic flying skills from two person: Tony and another guy from Canada who hosts Rchelicopterfun.com. Tony did a great job on the basic flying skills series.

Just a thought.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for the compliment! It's greatly appreciated. As for the section, that is a really great idea. I will have a talk with my mods about it and find the best place to stick it. It may be a while before we can get something going with the issues we are having now, but I will definitely be working on it. As you know, any questions, just ask.

Top Bottom