500 Tail control rod

trainrider06

Does anyone know anything about the metal sleeve that rides on the CF tail control rods?
What I mean is does this sleeve need be CA glued to the CF rod? Or do you tighten down the control rod holder until the CF rod moves within the steel sleeve? Seems to me if the steel sleeve is locked by the control rod holder that the sleeve would eventually wear on the Carbon fiber control rod? So i am thinking that the steel sleeve needs to be CA glued to the CF rod, and the movement would then be within the holder itself, with the whole assembly moving and the steel sleeve riding within the rod holder....am I wrong? they come with the steel sleeve able to move freely on the CF rod though.....

Smoggie

You are right. The metal sleeve is CA'ed to the carbon rod and the whole lot moves inside the plastic guide.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the extract from the Trex 600 manual, I'm sure there will be a similar note in the 500 manual:
14-01-2016 07-32-00.jpg

14-01-2016 07-32-00.jpg

holtneil

Even with the wifes input I bet your not doing it right that reminds me i got a TX message along time back it said
Hi dont ring me at the hospital with the wife she asked for decking on the patio I dont think thats what she ment

trainrider06

Can't live with them and can't live without them, but it sure was nice being single and running the streets. Oh well, all good things comes to the end, sooner or later.:puppy_dog_eyes:

Hehe, yeah fun times being single for sure! But I have a good woman to spend the later years with now, besides I am getting too old to chase skirts like I used to....:(

Top Bottom