450 Tail Breaks loose

I have followed ALL :) the videos here, and elsewhere, to get my new trex 450 3gx v2 up. EVERYTHING ( i think) is now perfect, BUT...at almost 40% throttle (until that poiint the bird is completely stable , vibration free and not turning a bit) it hooks hard and fast counterclockwise. :(

Sounds like your tail gyro is reversed. Watch the video in the below link to make sure everything is correct.

Rc-Help - Gyro & Tail servo Direction Set up

My gyro IS reversed. I reversed it during set up to make my servo se move in the right direction. Why would that make the the tail break violently in one direction rather than just be smoothly reversed??

- - - Updated - - -

My gyro IS reversed. I reversed it during set up to make my servo se move in the right direction. Why would that make the the tail break violently in one direction rather than just be smoothly reversed??

I meant that my gyro is reversed in td. Almost sure it was not reversed in its actions but will check again soons I get home. Thanks Tony. Will let you know. I'm sooooo close.

- - - Updated - - -

Just out of curiosity...should there be equal travel both left and right with the rudder? In otherwords be perfectly centered before stick or should it be off center before stick compensating for the blades rotation?

- - - Updated - - -

I know, I'm a noob, but..... Well, just but.

Tony

Staff member
The slider should be centered on the tail shaft. When the slider is centered, you will have a slight bit of right thrust. So no, the blades will not be centered, but the slider should be.

thanks Tony and yes my gyro is working in reverse and no, its not reversed in my settings and reversing it in REVERSE settings does not reverse the way the gyro acts so what did i miss that allows my gyro to be acting in reverse? Is it a 3gx issue, tyransmitter setting?, mechanical issue? or software? lol

Just throwing it out there cos I made this mistake myself while doing some maintanance on my T-Rex , I put the belt back on the wrong way and it spun the tail in reverse and at about half throttle spun the Heli violently conter clockwise

thanks Andy, done that before too, but this heli has a torque tube. Tony, i followed that video on 3gx rudder setup but could not get the delay to 0. when i was in delay mode on gyro and connected to computer the computer would let ,me do all the video stated EXCEPT when I pushed the button on the gyro to SET it at 0 it would always automatically jump back to 36! help! :)

Tony

Staff member
When I did it, I had to move the stick until I got to 0 or 1 on the delay, and while still holding the stick, push the button on teh gyro. It usually takes me a few tries to get it done correctly, but it can be done.

yeah, i get it but every time (tried several again) as soon as I hit the button, whether im holding the stick or not, it jumps back to 36% is 36% gonna make a huge diff for a novice??

Tony

Staff member
It will put a pretty good delay into the rudder. Something that I advice against. Try moving the stick to 10% and see what happens then. The more I think about it, the more I think I had to add delay just to get to 0. It doesn't sound right, adn I think that is why I'm questioning it. But, I'm not out in my office to test out this theory on my 600. I will see if I can do it tomorrow if I'm not too busy though.

thanks Tony. Yeah it doesnt matter where i put it 10%, 0%, 20% it just jumps back to 36% when i hit the button. Yeah, Tony, whenever. im not going anywhere lol.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks Tony. Yeah it doesnt matter where i put it 10%, 0%, 20% it just jumps back to 36% when i hit the button. Yeah, Tony, whenever. im not going anywhere lol.

Figured it out!! I didnt realize (probably missed it in video) that you could move the stick right to get left to zero lol then when i hit button it stayed. Thanks again!

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you are on the correct size if you are moving the stick the other way. If you are running a 450, I believe you are going ot want a red light for your model size. Glad you got it figured out though.

Make sure you are on the correct size if you are moving the stick the other way. If you are running a 450, I believe you are going ot want a red light for your model size. Glad you got it figured out though.

Yeah its red but the whole tail still blows out at about 40% throttle. Till then everything works right. left turns left right turns right but as throttle increases it acts like im giving it HArd RIGHT rudder then when i give it left it SPINS left oh well, back to the drawing board.

- - - Updated - - -

hopefully the RAZOR 450 thats coming in the mail will give me some cheap thrills till this thing finally gets off the ground! :stupid:

Tony

Staff member
Go back into the rudder setup and reverse the gyro correction direction. If it's showing reverse, then put it on normal. If it's on normal, then put it on reverse. This will stop the spinning.

YES YES YES!!!!!! Well everyone suggested instead of letting the LHS set this up for me i should do it myself. I gave it to THEM to setup anyway as I was intimidated with the 3gx programming. I got it back from them with the ability to hover (according to them) but that i had to have certain switches turned on as "a work around to the 3gx system". well the first spool up at home sent my blades flying into the kitchen walls. (I know, I know). upon replacement of blades nothing worked so I came here for help. needless to say i was "encouraged" to just start over, disassemble completely and do it right. I did. I jumped into all of Tony's videos and got real close and in the process LEARNED A TON! Even found out 3gx doesnt need work arounds to hover lol. Well, Tony just gave me the last piece to my puzzle and One month later I now not only have a flying Trex 450 Pro V2 FBL 3gx.....I KNOW HOW IT WORKS lol. this is cool. thanks to EVERYONE here who has helped me. Time to head to the fields.

Tony

Staff member
It's a great feeling when you do things yourself and make them work. I'm glad that you have it going. I would be going over to the LHS and making them replace those blades that flew off. They gave it to you like that, IMO it's their problem. If they are half worth a crap, they will honor their mistake with a new set of blades. It's the least they can do.

Now all you have to do is get some video up of the bird in the air!!! :rules: :chuckles:

Derek

Congratulations, Bill! That's awesome that you got it going and you learned something, too. Outstanding!

Top Bottom