250 tail bob on 250?

xokia

What causes the tail to bob up and down?

I know its got to be something with the head but but sure what. If I do some pitch pumps then descend quickly the tail will start bobing up and down. Is there a setting in the 3GX I can adjust to help solve this?

Also the tail wil some time lose lock not by a significant amount but it will twitch one way or another then regain lock.

Main shaft is brand new, fathering shaft brand new.

Tony

Staff member
Nope, they can be different. Go up on them until you get wag, then back them down about 5% and that should be perfect.

xokia

So the elevator will cause the tail to bob up and down what's to high a aileron do? Or to low an aileron?

I dropped it down to 87% on both and the bob went away I didn't toss it to hard since I just have a street light to fly under and that dang thing is hard to see. I refuse to put the canopy on until this thing is dialed in. But it did seem to fly better. I'm taking everything really slow this time around.

My tail still hunts a little instead of being locked. It will kinda drift and then snap back. I cant increase the gyro gain anymore or I get wag when I apply throttle. I tried increasing the rudder locking gain slightly but that didn't help. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try some more adjustments.

Tony

Staff member
An aileron shake will be like you are slamming the aileron left and right really fast. Like the elevator shake, but side to side.

Lee

If you look at the heli its long and narrow. so Stability wise its more stable in length than it is in width. Therefore you need less gain on the elevator than you do on the aileron. Its like the difference between an X quad and an H quad. the X is symetrical, so the gains will be equal, were as the H is longer than it is wide so gain will be different.
As for the tail, if you have all the gain setting to were you think its right, but you still have hunting, check that the whole tail system is buttery smooth feeling from servo to tail grips. You can test this by unclipping the link from the servo, hold the heli on its end, lift the control rod up, if you let it go it should drop without any issues to the bottom of the travel. By hand, you should feel no stickyness or binding from one end of the travel to the other.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom