450 tail blades

murankar

Staff member
I fold them out straight and flick them. If they dont move to about 45° i loosen them and if they go beyond that i tighten them. I have seen them be so loose they fall under their own weight. It works but not ideal.

The blades need to move freely and hold once extended. This is so that during spool down the blades can still function.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Sparse

yeah i asked cause the grass tore mine up, weed whacker type deal. I have another set and i think I am gonna go to the hobby store to day for a few odds and ends. I will pick up another set while I am there. and recommendation on which one/ brand to get.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Not really sure on brand just because i dont know what they may have. As long as they are around 59 to 63 mm you should be fine. Oh and they need to have the right root thickness to fit in the grips right. As for plastic or carbon, plastic will be fine, carbon will be more responsive and may affect the gains in your tail.

Just to throw out some brands: edge, kbdd and blade should be fine. I would only go with carbon if all other options are not available. Plastic blades should be just fine.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

chrisrock

yeah i asked cause the grass tore mine up, weed whacker type deal. I have another set and i think I am gonna go to the hobby store to day for a few odds and ends. I will pick up another set while I am there. and recommendation on which one/ brand to get.

try not to land on grass, if you have TT, they can be damaged. regardless land on an area with clearance or build your own landing board

Slobberdog

unless your doing all out smack 3D I doubt you would notice any discernible difference between carbon Edge tail blades and Kbdd tail blades or plastic Align blades either, I know I could not,

It would be different on the main blades as there is a lot more mass to be affected by the different blades so there will be a difference in feel between manufacturers.

I have the 60mm Edge blades on mine now as I wanted the 2 tone look that they give, but have used the Kbdd blades before and like those as well.

its what you can get hold of easily, if your blades got wrecked by the grass, check to make sure you umbrella gears front and back are ok, as they can be a bit fragile although the black one are better than the white ones were.

pvolcko

I tighten enough that they are gripped and will hold position when not turning and through a subtle knock (such as placing the heli on the ground before take off), but no tighter. They are considerably looser than the main blades.

Top Bottom