Motors Tacon BigFoot 25

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I have the Tacon Bigfoot 25 motor from Hobbypartz. It says you can use a 11in-14in prop, and a 3-4 cell battery. If i want to use the 4 cell battery, do i have to go with the smallest recomended prop? I want to use a 12x6 APC. Will it work?

Tony

Staff member
You can try it. I'm running the 13x8 on my Edge with the .32 Tacon motor, and it's not even getting warm. I don't have a watt meter to check it, but I could put a lot bigger prop on it. I think you will be fine, but just incase, put it on, fly for a few minutes pretty hard, and bring it in and check it. If it's cool to warm, you are fine. If it's hot, then you need to reduce the pitch. But again, I think you will be fine.

RandyDSok

I have the Tacon Bigfoot 25 motor from Hobbypartz. It says you can use a 11in-14in prop, and a 3-4 cell battery. If i want to use the 4 cell battery, do i have to go with the smallest recomended prop? I want to use a 12x6 APC. Will it work?

It sounds as if you've got the basic concept down... the higher voltage battery with the smaller props they list, but I don't see recommended prop sizes listed on their product page. which means you'll need to go by advise of others that have tested setups that work and then test to see if it is correct or not. If you don't already have a watt meter, get one... then test with the prop you are looking to use and make certain to not go over the rated specs.

As an example using some of the numbers you gave.... If they state that a 11x7 prop running on a 3S motor works ok... then a 12x6 should also pull about the same amps... It is always a combination of both diameter and pitch.... If you go up an inch in diameter, you should also go down an inch in pitch.

Randy

Top Bottom