600 T-Rex Parts Listings

Heliman450

Hi all! Following on from my thread Piro Tuning (Spirit Pro) - Page 3 I've been looking for a good location to find out about interchangeability of T-Rex parts (in my case a 550E V2) and was given this website (Align's) as the best location by my local dealer. Ignore the lettering, the link still works fine..... 亞拓家電網路購物

With a bit of patience (thinking) and clicking around I've already been able to understand some of the relationships of 550/600/700 and even 700/800 parts to one another. I'm sure that there are still many mysteries waiting to be solved as my heli experience grows but I'm sure there are others who'll benefit, too.

A quick example is my query to Smoggie about the relative dimensions of landing skids. There is an illustration showing the dimensions of the 700E and 700F3C skids. The F3C part is 10 mm lower, so in my case buying the 700E will gain me an extra 10 mm ground clearance for my vertical tail fin, which is currently only 7 mm.

Of course, when landing it means nothing if I make a mistake, however, when standing the heli on an uneven surface for take-off, it is better to have a bit extra.

Smoggie

Yes there are many common parts especially between the 550 and 600 models. Be careful with the landing gear though. I'm pretty sure that the 550 already uses the longer landing gear legs as per the 700e (non-F3C). To increase tail clearance I'm pretty sure that you would have to fit the shorter F3C landing gear at the front so as to give the heli a nose down / tail up tilt.

Heliman450

Yes there are many common parts especially between the 550 and 600 models. Be careful with the landing gear though. I'm pretty sure that the 550 already uses the longer landing gear legs as per the 700e (non-F3C). To increase tail clearance I'm pretty sure that you would have to fit the shorter F3C landing gear at the front so as to give the heli a nose down / tail up tilt.

Will do, I bought the 700E gear so that I can make the physical comparisons as the dimensions of the 550 gear aren't shown and the only way to really know is see them side by side.

Smoggie

I'm 99.9% certain that all the 550 models use the taller 700e (non-F3C) landing gear, so the gear that you have purchased will I'm pretty sure be the same as currently fitted. For the lower profile legs you want the 700 F3C type, or the 600 Pro type (they are the same part).

I gave all the part numbers in the other thread.

Heliman450

I'm 99.9% certain that all the 550 models use the taller 700e (non-F3C) landing gear, so the gear that you have purchased will I'm pretty sure be the same as currently fitted. For the lower profile legs you want the 700 F3C type, or the 600 Pro type (they are the same part).

I gave all the part numbers in the other thread.

Hi Steve, thanks for the feedback. I bought the black version of the same thing knowing that I've got two the same in this case. I wrote my example a bit quick and didn't check it fully to see its context. What I don't want is a tail-up stance for the heli. I want it to be the same attitude only lifted. Now I have a spare to check out a few ideas before committing myself to the solution. I was in my workshop about an hour ago and put them side-by-side and you're correct. The heli just looks a bit odd with only the white stands since everything else became black.

Exactly what I'll decide on in the end, I'm not sure right now, we'll see.

Top Bottom