600 T-Rex 550E Update

Heliman450

My Helis 02.JPG

Hi all, well as you can see, my recently purchased 550E is looking great, nice and clean and sitting in the workshop waiting for Helidirect to receive the Aluminium iKon I bought and then ship it over to me. I guess they're trying to run down their stocks of the plastic ones before chasing their suppliers for mine. I'm determined to wait for the aluminium one and not succumb to the urge to just get going and ask them to send me a plastic one. Be strong!!!

Let you know when something turns up :biglaugh:

My Helis 02.JPG

Tony

Staff member
lol, yeah they can take a while to get the new items in. Just have to wait it out. Great looking bird though. I know I enjoyed Matt's 550 that he brought over.

Heliman450

lol, yeah they can take a while to get the new items in. Just have to wait it out. Great looking bird though. I know I enjoyed Matt's 550 that he brought over.

Hi Tony, hope all's well. Yesterday, I got a reply from Helidirect that they're hoping for a delivery of my iKon in the next two weeks. Keeping fingers crossed.

Sorry not to have been around recently, I was nursing a bad back. It's an age thing........

Heliman450

Hi hotneil, this weekend is the second week of the fortnight promised to me by Helidirect (U.S.A) for them to receive my aluminium iKON. Even if they get it, then it needs to come over to me and go through customs etc. etc. I still haven't decided yet whether to pull the plug on them. They took my money as soon as the order was placed and then seemed to lose interest until I chased them up and threatened to demand a refund so that I can look for something else. If that happens, then ideally, I want to walk into a store and take it home myself! My experience with ordering anything over the internet is so far not good.

Fingers still crossed!

holtneil

Hi mate sorry to hear about your Ikon not coming , Spirit does have a dealer in the USA , My mate had to wait only due to the gyro not being in the shops so he pre ordered ,but he had it in days of it being in stock at Spirit, This is the shop in the USA the spirit here only has one sat port the newer Pro which they may have will have 2 ports , recovery is the same on both gyros
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...gqKGYOG28DJv0igjg&sig2=HqhQKEblEIlCdLUayOv7Kg

Heliman450

Hi mate sorry to hear about your Ikon not coming , Spirit does have a dealer in the USA , My mate had to wait only due to the gyro not being in the shops so he pre ordered ,but he had it in days of it being in stock at Spirit, This is the shop in the USA the spirit here only has one sat port the newer Pro which they may have will have 2 ports , recovery is the same on both gyros
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...gqKGYOG28DJv0igjg&sig2=HqhQKEblEIlCdLUayOv7Kg

Hi holtneil, I decided to give Helidirect one more week. If it doesn't turn up (there's a promise to chase it) then I'm getting a refund. I had been thinking of a Bavarian Demon as my next choice, but maybe I'll do a quick re-take on that one. Let's see.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi Heliman, you'll love the Demon. My bud uses one in his Raptor. Its a bit pricey like the V-bar but awesome controller...

T

murankar

Staff member
Yeah thats out of the hands of heli direct. They cant force the manufacturer to speed up the process. Now I have heard that the aluminum case can be ordered separate from the original and just swapped over. That could be an option. Personally I am stuck on Mikado so I wont push it due to cost to get into. Now they do offer an separate rx option if thats what your looking for. Now they are not cheap but let me tell you they are awesome.

holtneil

Hi mate I have been looking around at FBL gyros for my Goblin 630 build , I was going for the demon too , but after seeing the Spirit in action and even inverted if you bail out it climbs inverted first then flips the right way up before it climbs some more , you can adjust how much stick control you have when in recovery bailout mode , Its on the same par as the Demon and 1/2 the price
Spirit fbl rescue - YouTube

Heliman450

Yeah thats out of the hands of heli direct. They cant force the manufacturer to speed up the process. Now I have heard that the aluminum case can be ordered separate from the original and just swapped over. That could be an option. Personally I am stuck on Mikado so I wont push it due to cost to get into. Now they do offer an separate rx option if thats what your looking for. Now they are not cheap but let me tell you they are awesome.

Hi murankar, during my time I was involved in chasing suppliers to deliver the spare parts for equipment costing millions of dollars (pumps, compressors, power and control equipment etc. etc.) some spares costing hundreds of thousands themselves. Believe me, it is possible to chase suppliers.

When a company posts a website showing items for sale, which aren't in stock and take weeks to arrive then they're misleading their customers. It's much more honest to say that delivery may take 8-10 weeks (or whatever period) leaving the customer to decide if that works for them. They should certainly NOT be taking the money for those items until receipt in their organisation is achieved. It's all about customer service and good business. If they go out of business, then I lose my cash. Not a very good prospect as far as I'm concerned.

Rant over.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi holtneil, I'll do some research and see if I can get it without the same Helidirect experience. Worst case for the Demon is that I can drive over the border into Germany and collect it. Where is your targeted supplier located?

The Internet is an amazing place, however, it doesn't seem to work very well for international business, post, package, import duties take their toll on what seems a good price. Fine if it's local where mainland tariffs apply but what seems like a good price isn't necessarily the best for all. In my case Helidirect haven't offered me an explanation for the delay. I suspect that they are trying to clear excess stock of the plastic-cased version, hence, the attractive price on that item. In my experience, no answer to a direct question tends toward confirming my suspicion.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Yes to some degree I agree. Why post it if it is out of stock. I waited almost 3 months for a Miniature Aircraft furion 450. I did not know at the time it was discontinued but was still listed. Next as for chasing suppliers, the ikon is the same thing and the msh brain. I mention this because they are made by the same manufacturer. This unit is single handily the most popular unit out right now. Now add the fact the unit you want is the newest thing out for ikon and a lot and I mean a lot of people want this unit. I hate to say it but heli direct is just a small business in the grand scheme of things. Now if heli direct has a restock date that is based on what their supplier told them.

Heliman450

Yes to some degree I agree. Why post it if it is out of stock. I waited almost 3 months for a Miniature Aircraft furion 450. I did not know at the time it was discontinued but was still listed. Next as for chasing suppliers, the ikon is the same thing and the msh brain. I mention this because they are made by the same manufacturer. This unit is single handily the most popular unit out right now. Now add the fact the unit you want is the newest thing out for ikon and a lot and I mean a lot of people want this unit. I hate to say it but heli direct is just a small business in the grand scheme of things. Now if heli direct has a restock date that is based on what their supplier told them.

Therein sits the story. Despite asking them directly when they expect to receive a delivery they simply haven't answered the question. Not even to say "we have no expected delivery date". All this leads me to believe that they don't even have an order in and are waiting to sell more plastic ones.

I've found a supplier with stock of the Spirit, but once again in the U.S. To go down that route, I want my money back from Helidirect first. At the start of this, I said I was determined to wait to get the bling factor of the aluminium case. Not so sure now :ripped:

Bye for now!

Top Bottom