Servos T-Pro MG90s Servos

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I received my new metal gear servos last night and got them installed for the most part. There was two minor things which I had to deal with. First, the arms are a lot shorter than the ones I had on my 450. Tony said this would be alright, so no big deal. Second, the body of the servo is a bit skinnier (screw hole to screw hole). I ended up mounting one screw in the hole, with the second hole to the outside of the body in a notch at the end of the servo. This, believe it or not, still allows the servo to be mounted quite well. There is no movement out of it at all. These servos seem to be pretty sturdy. I'll keep you guys posted as to how they work out. Tony sure likes the ones he has installed. The PN on these is: Servo_MG90S on hobbypartz.com

taizi

I also have these MG90 servos, i have 3 MG90s on the cyclic and 1 MG90 on the tail of my 250 clone, i had to file out the servo mounts to fit them in but they are ok
before this i used SG50's in the 250 which i also had to do what you did, i just tightened them up and used cable ties for the other hole, this worked really well and they were very secure so you shouldnt have any problems

the only thing im a little mythed at is on the MG90 it says "digital" but im pretty sure that its an analog like the MG90s's because when i selected digi tail and ana servos on my zyx the servo got real hot but works ok on the analog setting

overall though they seem to be strong and fast enough and will survive long setup periods that the SG50's couldnt handle, let me know how yours do as im still having setup problems with my zyx so havent had much fly time with them

Top Bottom