Trucks T Max 3.3 Shock Oil

DESIRE

Anyone tried 50w in stock shocks and what what handling characteristics did it give you, possibly with with the 3 hole piston plungers or would it be to stout??

bigone5500

I recently put 55w in my tmaxx 2.5 stock shocks with 2 hole pistons and they are much stiffer than my 3.3 with stock shock oil and 2 hole pistons. I have not drove it enough to be able to judge performance but it is definitely stiffer.

Tony

Staff member
It will definitely make the ride more firm and could possibly cause it to bounce when landing from a jump. I know it's expensive, but the best way to get the right setup is to run it like you normally would and see how it handles. If you are getting a lot of sliding or bouncing off the jumps then your oil is too thick or you don't have enough holes in the shock pistons. On the other hand, if the truck has abrupt body roll when entering a tight turn or bottoms out after a jump, then your shock oil is either too thin or you need to reduce the number of holes in the shock pistons. But 50/3 should work for all around bouncing and/or bottoming out.

Top Bottom