Tri T- copter Mk2

Lee

I have just started building a second Tri copter. This one will bee a T shape not the standard Y as the T seems to have better control in wind.
Just built the basic frame this morning before i had to go to work.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Photo 1.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
veru interesting looking!! wanna see this happen!! are you gonna rip the other one apart?

and hey are these tricopters powerful enough to carry FPV camera loads or photography equipment load ?

Lee

I will move the electrics over from the old one when the frame is finished. These will carry what ever you want just make them bigger to carry more weight. I have seen one carrying two house bricks no probs.

Lee

Got a bit further today. Just waiting for some servo extension wires.

GOPR0180.jpg

GOPR0182.jpg

GOPR0186.jpg

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Good deal Lee. Are you going to try and use it to take pictures with, as in the sail pics you were working on with the 600?

Lee

Thats the idea. The first model was a little twitchy in the wind. It tended to flare too much. So i'm hoping the straight leading edge will stop this a bit.

Coming along well Lee, With having the servo standing upright like the there might be more of a chance it being hit by the Prop, in the advent of and accidental crash
Having it flat mount less chance of being hit, by Prop

Lee

Thanks JS,
I have tried other positions. This is the best way i can find. It was the same on the other tri. Crashed that one many times and the servo was ok. I'm working on a new yaw mechanism that will eliminate the problem.

Keith

I had the same prob with mine Lee... You need a bit of distance between them for the rod to work effectively... I tried that method as well but found it hard to secure servo firmly...
I ended up using angled aluminum and mounting servo as high as possible on its side... Sorry can't find a picture anywhere....

Lee

I have just been securing it with hot glue and its solid. But i have almost finished my new yaw mech. I will post pics later today. She's a bute :D

Lee

Well here it is. I can't take credit for an original idea. Be searching the net for yaw mechanisms and came up with this.
Its solid. no slop and doubles up as landing gear.
Photo 5.jpgPhoto 6.jpg

Photo 5.jpg

Photo 6.jpg

Keith

I thought about a direct drive from the servo.. Could not get a secure joint though... Never thought of pivoting the other end... Did you use a bearing, and how did you make the connection to the servo?.

Lee

I just used a 4mm bolt drilled through the motor plate. It goes 3/4 of the way through so its supported pretty well.
The other end is just screwed on to the servo arm.
Photo 1.jpg

Photo 1.jpg

Lee

Well its in the air and very stable. Flew this morning and after a couple of tuning flights i got a little cocky and it flipped and an arm fell off. Its was only glued in so back to the house and 30mins later it was ready again. The flipping happened when i gave it too much roll. One motor cut out completely. So i am trying to find out how to stop this.
Second flight was at the local Motocross track. Tried to film some riders. But what i couldn't see from the ground was the gain was to high and the copter was wobbling side to side. Then i went to the forest and flew through the trees. Here a couple of pics i took from the video.

Treetops.jpg

Waving.jpg

Top Bottom