General Swp

putang

swp cyclic travel 8 , 50-125, default setting +80 . graupner mz -12 pro what does this mean , please . cannot find any thing on line . even bought the 4 E books by john sault . could the terminology be different by who writes the manuals . Or am I just missing something. I cannot even find it in the transmitter . or I am just not looking in the right place . please set me straight .

Geena

Staff member
My team captain for GAUI used to fly for Graupner, so he should know how to help. I will get hold of him today, and let you know what he says. It might take a day or two for him to get back to me. But I`m sure we can get it sorted. :)

murankar

Staff member
Without looking into it my guess is servo reversing. Swp could be swap witch to me translates to direction.

putang

here's the full copy paste of the paragraph .
Swp cyclic travel 8
50-125, default setting: +80
Set the Swp cyclic travel 8° if the menu value is activated so that the
rotor blade located above the tail tube is as accurate as 8° by full rollover
stroke. To do this, the field must be selected (highlighted field)
so that the swashplate can be controlled and adjusted in direct mode
when gyro gain is switched off. This is the only mode in which the
travel can be set correctly.
It is very important that the travel is set correctly. It plays a major role
in terms of acquiring the correct gyro gain.

murankar

Staff member
After reading that my guess is that you have to teach the gyro 8° just like a beast x. That's not a radio function. Thats a gyro function.

holtneil

I agree with you spirit gyros the same you need to set up 8 degs with main blades running front to back the length of the heli

putang

swp cyclic travel 8 in manual 50-125 default setting of +80 .--- in transmitter it reads swp travel 8 , 8 d. if I did this right leveled my rc logger digital pitch gage 2 . zeroed out on top of motor . the only place I could find that it would not rock around . attached it to the rotor blade parallel over the tail boom. set default to +53 for -8.0 on gage I think that this is right . what do you all think.

putang

Here's a new one. same transmitter . graupner mz-12 pro . axis assignment page . first picture . do set up: yes , roll
: +2 ,nick[push]+0 ,tail:[right +0 .second picture do set up no roll
: +2 ,nick :[push]+1 ,tail
:-3 I could not enter any of the values buy yes or no then I tried shutting off the yes and no a couple of different times . then got roll +1 and tail +1 and 0 for nick. now charging battery in transmitter thinking that maybe it was to low to change the values . will change battery in helicopter since the battery in the helicopter also powers the receiver that has the gyro in it . this process is how you set the gyro to keep swash plate level when you fly the helicopter any ideas . after you get the values set then you roll the helli to the right by 45 deg, tip the nose and turn the tail to make the nose turn 45 deg . what a pain in the donkey.​

Top Bottom