1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

General Swp

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by putang, Feb 18, 2019.

< Buddy Box | The Oxy 3 Begins >
  1. putang

putang Member

Blog Posts:
    swp cyclic travel 8 , 50-125, default setting +80 . graupner mz -12 pro what does this mean , please . cannot find any thing on line . even bought the 4 E books by john sault . could the terminology be different by who writes the manuals . Or am I just missing something. I cannot even find it in the transmitter . or I am just not looking in the right place . please set me straight .

2. Geena

Geena Moderator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Certified Aircraft Welder
    My team captain for GAUI used to fly for Graupner, so he should know how to help. I will get hold of him today, and let you know what he says. It might take a day or two for him to get back to me. But I`m sure we can get it sorted. :)

3. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Without looking into it my guess is servo reversing. Swp could be swap witch to me translates to direction.

4. Geena

Geena Moderator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Certified Aircraft Welder
    I just sent him a message, so as soon as he replies....I`ll post it here for you.

5. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Roger, I am not very versed in the Graupner. I almost bought one.

6. putang

putang Member

Blog Posts:
    here's the full copy paste of the paragraph .
    Swp cyclic travel 8
    50-125, default setting: +80
    Set the Swp cyclic travel 8° if the menu value is activated so that the
    rotor blade located above the tail tube is as accurate as 8° by full rollover
    stroke. To do this, the field must be selected (highlighted field)
    so that the swashplate can be controlled and adjusted in direct mode
    when gyro gain is switched off. This is the only mode in which the
    travel can be set correctly.
    It is very important that the travel is set correctly. It plays a major role
    in terms of acquiring the correct gyro gain.

7. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    After reading that my guess is that you have to teach the gyro 8° just like a beast x. That's not a radio function. Thats a gyro function.

8. holtneil

holtneil Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I agree with you spirit gyros the same you need to set up 8 degs with main blades running front to back the length of the heli

9. putang

putang Member

Blog Posts:
    swp cyclic travel 8 in manual 50-125 default setting of +80 .--- in transmitter it reads swp travel 8 , 8 d. if I did this right leveled my rc logger digital pitch gage 2 . zeroed out on top of motor . the only place I could find that it would not rock around . attached it to the rotor blade parallel over the tail boom. set default to +53 for -8.0 on gage I think that this is right . what do you all think.

10. putang

putang Member

Blog Posts:
    Here's a new one. same transmitter . graupner mz-12 pro . axis assignment page . first picture . do set up: yes , roll
    : +2 ,nick[push]+0 ,tail:[right +0 .second picture do set up no roll
    : +2 ,nick :[push]+1 ,tail
    :-3 I could not enter any of the values buy yes or no then I tried shutting off the yes and no a couple of different times . then got roll +1 and tail +1 and 0 for nick. now charging battery in transmitter thinking that maybe it was to low to change the values . will change battery in helicopter since the battery in the helicopter also powers the receiver that has the gyro in it . this process is how you set the gyro to keep swash plate level when you fly the helicopter any ideas . after you get the values set then you roll the helli to the right by 45 deg, tip the nose and turn the tail to make the nose turn 45 deg . what a pain in the donkey.​

< Buddy Box | The Oxy 3 Begins >