500 Swashplate compensation problem. Need help please.

FaisalHeli's

Hello everyone,

I was flying my Trex 500 today, and I noticed something very weird. There are sudden unwanted movements in the helicopter. I though it was just the wind, there was about 10mph gusts today. However, I wanted to make sure, so I pitch up to get some altitude and try to invert it. I lost the helicopter, luckely I picked it back up before it hits the ground. I have no idea what the hell was going on in that swash but it wasn't right. When I took it back to the bench, I was inspecting and everything was perfectly setup except the swashplate. Whenever I tilt the heli right, left, forward, and backward, there is absolutely no movement in the swash. I know that the swash should compensate for unwanted movements. When i tilt the heli right, its supposed to go left. Mine stays at center no movement at all.
How do I adjust that?
The help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Faisal

Lee

The problem you are describing, with the swash not moving as you tip the helicopter, is only valid with a Flybarless Helicopter.
If you have a Flybar heli, the servos want move, because theres no gyro controlling the servos, only the mechanical stabilisation of the flybar.

FaisalHeli's

The problem you are describing, with the swash not moving as you tip the helicopter, is only valid with a Flybarless Helicopter.
If you have a Flybar heli, the servos want move, because theres no gyro controlling the servos, only the mechanical stabilisation of the flybar.

Thank you very much Mr. Lee.
Iv spent a lot of time making sure that my CCPM is well set and I double checked it. But what could be the reason for such unwanted movements?

Tony

Staff member
How old are the servos, and what servos are you running? It almost sounds like the POT in the servo is starting to wear out causing the servos to jump.

FaisalHeli's

How old are the servos, and what servos are you running? It almost sounds like the POT in the servo is starting to wear out causing the servos to jump.

Its align servos. Iv tested them with extreme stick movements and lots of them on the bench and everything was well responding. I plan on flying it again tomorrow, its supposed to be very calm wind tomorrow, slight breeze. Do you think this is a good idea?
And I have no clew how old the servos are, I bought the heli used and rebuilt it. According to the seller it wasn't used a lot and there were no signs of wear on bearings, belt, and gears.
Is there a way to check if the servo POT is wearing ?

Thank you guys I really appreciate the help

Lee

Get video, incase it happens again.
Then we can see whats happening.

Top Bottom