450 Swash travel limits under 3gx setup

Dim

Hello to all of you.
If anyone can help, please i need your support in two issues.
Well, i enter 3gx dir mode. I have done all my mechanical setups nearly perfect (perfectly level swash, 90° servo arms at mid stick, 0° pitch at mid stick, same servo links length etc). During this stage of dir mode, i use pitch and throttle curve straight line under normal flight mode 0,25,50,75,100.
So, here i face up two difficulties and don't know how to solve.
1. When i move my swash all the way up and down travel, i read +7.2° and - 7° accordingly. How do i reach the recommended +11° and - 11°? By adjusting end points (as i understand in 3gx) it's not allowed, so i let them as they are (100%). To play with swash AFR Pit value (again as i understand) it's not for present moment. It is to adjust in continuing steps after dir mode. In any case i try once there, i adjust AFR Pit value and reach uper swash at 11° but when i pull swash far down it shows again - 7°.
So how the heck to adjust the travel limits?
2. My second issue is that the swash in the upper position, has a very small gap with elevetor servo link. How to eliminate this? Mechanical.... Hm i don't think so, because linkages are equal!
That's all. Many thanks for your time and also thanks in advance for any input.
Regards Dim

Tony

Staff member
The gap in the swash is due to V5. I suggest V2.1. What the gyro is doing is called collective compensation, and it is supposed to compensate for the weight of the tail.

And maybe @Geena can help with the Futaba setup, but you use the swash menu to set your collective and cyclic pitch settings. Make sure you set everything up at mid stick and you are getting 0º at mid stick. The Pitch setting in the Swash menu will adjust both positive and negative, at least it does in Spektrum. I have never had a Futaba.

Dim

Thank you Tony! Ok, i will give a try to v2. 1 and I'm going to start all the steps from scratch.
Can you please tell me how to contact @Geena ?

Tony

Staff member
By putting that tag, she was notified. If she is not out at the flying field all day, she will come in here and help out of she can.

And if you need the file, I have put the link below. You will need to uninstall v5 from your computer, and install this one, then update the gyro.

RandyDSok

@Dim

Placing the @ sign in front of a username here on the forum... will put an alert and depending on the users preferences, send a possible email if they have that option set. So in effect, both you and Tony alerted Geena and now just need to wait until she has time to reply.

Geena

Staff member
Reply sent to you in box, Dim. :) I hope it helps. If not, I have a friend who is a Futbaba guru. I can get with him and see what he says.

Geena

Staff member
I looked it up in the manual for your transmitter. I was wrong It`s in the Linkage menu. Here is a link to Ron Lund`s video on how to set up a V3 3GX on a Futaba 8FG.. This should get it sorted for you.

Geena

Staff member
One thing I forgot to mention is, what is your pitch curve? If it`s not linear, that will cause the negative pitch to be less than what positive pitch will be. Just a thought that might be worth checking.

Dim

Hi to all of you once again :)
Well after of more specific thinking and more clear view of my problem, i guess I'm very close to solve it! (but it's not completely clear yet the whole thing in my mind)
The manual setup instructions said that i have to use Linear pitch / throttle curves (normal flight) 0,25,50,75,100 ! WHICH I did!
and then, when i reach the setup stage for swash travel limits and AIL/ELE blade angle (pitch and roll)
Manual clearly says : "adjust the max collective pitch using the transmitter swash mixing function (pitch swash AFR). Recommended pitch range +/-12°"
Continously,.... for AIL and ELE it says: "example cyclic pitch of 8° : futaba 12 ZH
AIL swash AFR: 53% (8°)
ELE swash AFR: 53%
PIT swash AFR: 37% (+/- 12°)
Well, Reading those steps (probably little confused) i decided to let pitch curve just as a linear points curve, with no values just 0,25,50,75,100. I thought i don't need to adjust blade angles via pitch curve, because i shall manage the swash travel and the max up and down angles, later on, with the option Swash AFR PIT as manual states. But (apologies under my confusion) how is possible to set - 11° on the blades with pitch curve starting point at 0? No way i guess.
So i let all back and i create my own linear P. Curve as follows :
-28 / - 6 / +38 / +68 / +100
Which gives:
-11° / - 5.5° / 0 / +5.5° / +11°
And here it comes a question (that's why i said before it's not clear yet if it is the correct solution) After my own curve with desired angles and max up and max down, Why then i need (as per manual) to adjust pitch using the Tx swash mixing function (PIT swash AFR)?
Another question is: As soon as i finish all the setup and 3gx knows and recognise each of the limits, is it allowed to set a pitch curve close to my needs (let's say - 4° to +10°) or should i keep always +/- 11° or 12°.
Any thoughts any advises or corrections, will be much appreciated !!!
All the best... Dim

Top Bottom