450 Swash - Rate Or Hh Mode?

Matt

Hi, is the swash plate on a normal collective pitch heli in Rate Mode or Heading Hold Mode? I can only compare this to what I know about the tail and gyro.. What I mean is on my Trex 450 Pro, when I move the aileron stick right, does the swash move right and stay right, or does it return back to center? The reason I am asking is because I bought a Blade Nano CP S. In flight mode 0 (per the manual setup), when I move the aileron right the swash moves right, then returns to center. In flight mode 1, and 2, the swash seems to be in heading hold mode. When I move the aileron stick right in flight mode 1 and 2 the swash moves right and stays right. I'm not sure if this is the normal behavior of the swash or not. Fairly new and haven't noticed these things before..

Tony

Staff member
On a flybarless helicopter swash is in Rate mode. It should slowly return to center when on the ground, but in the air, it will hold the position you gave it. it is like a marble on a sheet of glass. if you move it, the ball will start rolling, if you don't react to the movement, the ball would keep rolling.

Matt

I think with the Blade Nano CP S I’m not quite following the binding process right. I think that’s the issue with that one. That’s a good analogy for the way a heli flys. These micro heli’s and quite different then the big ones in that there’s not that much control in how the pitch is setup and what not. Kind of need to trust the manufacturer that there’s 0 pitch at mid stick and what not

Matt

I have a similar issue as this wth my Nano Cp but it works fine until I flip it into stunt 1 and 2. That’s when the servos stick. I’ll have to get a new board when I get a chance

Matt

Good news.. I contacted Horizon Hobby and they need a video of this issue and a picture of the receipt.. so hopefully I should be getting a new board (free of charge).. stinks to spend $100 on something that doesn’t work out of the box and this is the first time I’ve contacted Horizon Hobby.. I’ve bought a few heli’s from Horizon Hobby and it’s good now that I don’t need to sink more $ into this one.. fingers crossed..

Top Bottom