450 swash leveling question ???

Slobberdog

Yeah that is true Westy! But it can be done no matter which servo is plugged into which channel. But yeah it's definitely a good practice to develop of plugging them into the same channel every time so you don't forget!

Yes it does matter which servos are plugged into which channel, what Westy has said is completely right, and yes it is good practice. The only servos that can be inter changed are pitch and aileron, elevator has to be in the correct channel or you will not get it to work, the elevator will always be in line with the boom and can be infront of the shaft or behind,

Westy

LEGEND
the other issues you will face by "NOT COMPLYING" to the worldwide standard servo positioning methods, is ..... you will the have issues with your swash mixing (with flybarred helis) ..... your elevator or AILeron mixing will be possible not even related to those functions and you will just get totally confused and go round in circles ..... I will use Tony's infamously famous (on this forum) last words...

ASK ME HOW I KNOW ;) .... BEEN THERE ... bought the T Shirt!

Tony

Staff member
As stated, you can run the aileron on the left if you are using a flybar head. However, you will notice that everyone suggests putting the aileron on teh right.

yardner

sorry in the delay of my reply. i usually get an e mail that tells me that there was a reply on my thread.
but thats good to know. aileron on the right and pitch on the left, i guess... i've always done it that way, but will try to change it on the next rebuild.
don't want the t-shirt....
but to tell you the truth, as you know i'm a novice and always built by the manuals instructions (see attached pic) i just thought to use the one thats highlighted.
it has both, so i was going with the highlighted one.
learn something new Everyday.

thanks for the heads up!

yardner - texas
D85F1BE1-886A-43F0-9831-82A02CFB211A-13675-00001560796C4F1C_zpsbbc7f7a3.jpg

D85F1BE1-886A-43F0-9831-82A02CFB211A-13675-00001560796C4F1C_zpsbbc7f7a3.jpg

Westy

LEGEND
I guess I have always read the manual thinking the dotted line on the shaded servos .... were an alternative configuration for Futaba or something ....

yardner

I guess I have always read the manual thinking the dotted line on the shaded servos .... were an alternative configuration for Futaba or something ....

Wes, your right. but this was my 1st heli build and i mean 1st Ever, so i can't really remember but i probably just looked at it and just picked one.

thanks
yardner

post#46 ... 50 and i can add a signature! right Tony?:fat:

Tony

Staff member
I think it's 50. However I'm not the one to unlock it, the forum will do it automatically. And the more post you get, the larger avatar and sig you can use.

yardner

I think it's 50. However I'm not the one to unlock it, the forum will do it automatically. And the more post you get, the larger avatar and sig you can use.

yeah, i think its 50, thats what your RCH How-To video says.
you get 4 lines.....

yardner

Top Bottom