Spektrum Suspect faulty switch

Hey guys,
With the DX8 anyone had issues with the switches on these? I suspect that my hold switch on the bottom right of the radio is faulty and not working at all.
I'm going to pull the thing apart this weekend to see if i can work out why, but before I do, was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this?
I have gone in to the start up screen, and its the only switch that doesn't show any indication of switching when i'm trying to switch it on

Even if it was inhibited shouldn't it show that it is switching on and off in the monitor screen?
There is another test screen that i managed to boot my radio into and had a look at everything.
I thought i did try and turn it on, will have another look at that tonight

pvolcko

The monitor screen usually shows what the Tx channel outputs are at, not what the switch and stick inputs are at. You'll notice the display for elevator, pitch, throttle, ail are all showing output curve rather than input position. Should be the same with whatever switch assignments you have, I think.

There is another screen, and I can't think of what to call the screen, and it appears to test all the outputs of the switches, and doesn't really acknowledge the sticks at all.
If you hold back and clear when turning on the radio, it's the screen that it will automatically start on, before you go into the settings of the radio

pvolcko

Hmm... I have a dx7s but it should be similar in this regard. I'll see if I can find a screen like you describe. The only one coming to mind is the per-model setup screen to select inh or the switch/pot for each the switches/pots. Basically enable or disable the switches and aux channel pots.

Tony

Staff member
Watch the video below to test your switches. This does NOT test the sticks! But, it will show if the switch is working.

You MUST turn throttle hold on in the system settings menu Under F Mode for it to work. To do this, push and hold the TOP of the wheel when you turn the Tx on. Then scroll down to F Mode Setup. Make sure F-Mode is on F-Mode and Hold is on Hold.

DX8 How-To Pt. 1 Raw Input Test Menu - YouTube

That's the screen I was talking about!!
I will have to check, and re watch this video with radio in hand!!
Thanks for that Tony!! You hit the nail on the head with that one!!

Faulty switch it is.... did the raw input test, after confirming that the hold switch was set to hold and the f-mode to f-mode, and the switch doesn't change position... will pull it apart and check it out

- - - Updated - - -

ok no it's tempremental switch.... sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.... will pull it apart on the weekend and see what could be stopping it from working

Tony

Staff member
It it's the switch that is (which more than likely it is). But if it's in the board or the program, then there is an issue that you would need proprietary electronics to program and diagnose. Hope all goes well.

Top Bottom