600 Super Bad's 550 crash pictures

heli-maniac

Well i went and crashed the 550 today wile doing a back flip to low to the ground .
All in all a inverted crash you would think it would be a big pile of trashed heli parts
And yes this had my new canopy on it and came out of it without a scratch on it

Last edited:

xokia

Re: Super Bad's 550 crash picktures

Sorry abou the crash but from the looks of it you managed to escape that one pretty good.

Lee

Amazing the canopy is unscathed. Bad luck dude.

heli-maniac

It may be a wile before its put back together
Took it apart to see what it was going to need so far im up to 200.00 bucks easy
its full head asm., blades, tail boom ,torque tube ,skid pipes and tail fin
The Scorpion motor has the power
I may just go to the 550 mm blades and 600 boom

Slobberdog

and that is why I would be scared as hell to put that size bird in the air in the first place, I would be thinking of the cost of crashing every second, its bad enough for me with the 450........

Last edited:

heli-maniac

and that is why I would be scared as hell to put that size bird in the air in the first place, I would be thinking of the cost of crashing every second, its bad enough for me with the 450........

I look at it as if your mot crashing your not learning but owell thats part of it

xokia

Whats wrong with the head? From the pictures they dont look damaged? Also the boom doesn't look damaged. I'm going to try going to the 550 blades also to see if it gives me the pop I want without increasing the head speed. The Align version seem to be sold out everywhere though.

heli-maniac

Its cheaper to buy the hole head than to replace the peaces needed
were the dfc link bolts to the blade grip it pulled the threads out and both dfc links are bent the swash is broken main shaft is bent
the tail boom is bent right were the strut bracket is the tt is also bent

As far as blades im going back to the Revolutions i like them and they are a little cheaper than the rest

Dirk

Sorry about the mishap there Jesse. That one won't quite polish out so easily. You'll have the bird back in the air soon.

heli-maniac

Sorry about the mishap there Jesse. That one won't quite polish out so easily. You'll have the bird back in the air soon.

It may be a wile got to get caught up from being sick and off work for 3 weeks
If I can sell my back up Warp 360 soon then maybe it will be fixed sooner

Im still amazed that it didnt even scratch my fancy canopy

murankar

Staff member
I see someone followed me on the Revolution blades. I know you had them on the Gaui 250 also (IF my memory serves me correctly).

Too bad about the bird, as always fly, crash and wrench.

heli-maniac

I bought the revolution blades for the 550 back last year when I got it . they were on it the last time you saw it
The Gaui X2 had Edge Blades on it

murankar

Staff member
I knew you had a set, could remember which bird. Hope the rebuild goes okay, good time to oil the bearings.

yardner

Here, I'll share your PAIN !!!

Here, I'll share your Pain !!! :disgust:

A5B4F235-6FB6-4BA3-BD76-87709B037841-52180-00000A4574FC4A95_zps1ed0b826.jpg

New canopy, and i mean BRAND new canopy. Put in a fresh battery, put on the NEW canopy and 3 min. in this happened. :disgust::disgust::disgust:
Now the old canopy is in better shape than this one :fat:

so Yes, sorry for your mishap Bud. Good luck on the rebuild.....

A5B4F235-6FB6-4BA3-BD76-87709B037841-52180-00000A4574FC4A95_zps1ed0b826.jpg

Top Bottom