Sunnycam Update

Heliman450

So here's the picture again...........

1st Person Camera_02.JPG

I gave the camera its first test at the field. The video footage froze when filming the Blade 450X. The instructions say to reset it but of course I didn't know it had frozen until I uploaded it to the laptop :rant:

Shame as it did quite a good job of a general view around the flying field (just to give you a feel of the area). I needed to do some quite heavy editing to lighten it up using a downloaded trial version of AVS software. The heli sounded good in the background as the audio worked fine and the bird did some neat hovering. I'll have to do it all again, I need to talk with she who must be obeyed and persuade her to video it as a back-up using my Sony Handycam.

Can't we just forget the videoing?? :chickendance:

1st Person Camera_02.JPG

trainrider06

Lol "she who must be obeyed"
Well that really sucks Phil, that the cam locked up!
Well as far as I'm concerned no video needed if it's going to
put you under the vexing stare of one of those female species!
I know how uncomfortable that can make a man, as we all do! :)
:wink:

Tony

Staff member
What class card are you using? I would run nothing but class 10 in an HD camera honestly. You might get away with a class 8, but I don't know that I would chance it. As for "forget video"... absolutely NOT!!! lmao. We must have our video fix on here to get through the day! hehe. Hope to see some footage soon.

Heliman450

What class card are you using? I would run nothing but class 10 in an HD camera honestly. You might get away with a class 8, but I don't know that I would chance it. As for "forget video"... absolutely NOT!!! lmao. We must have our video fix on here to get through the day! hehe. Hope to see some footage soon.

Hi Tony, thanks for the tip on card classification, I didn't know it existed! I checked the card and it's a class 10 (needed a magnifying glass for that!!). I've done the reset suggested in the trouble-shooting section and tested it without the heli and it works ok, however, it did that yesterday. It just doesn't seem to like the heli "in shot".

I'll stick with it like all things associated with the hobby. Fortunately, I have a good lady, who supports me I just need to when it takes place. The wind is getting up during the day at the moment so early morning is really the only option right now.

Tony

Staff member
Rodney, yes I'm talking about the class of a card. The higher the class, the faster the read/write speeds to/from the card. Meaning, the video will not skip.

OP, it sounds like there is a fault in the firmware of the glasses. Might want to talk to the people you purchased them from and see about getting them RMA'd. If you are running a class 10 card, you should have no issues unless you have a bad card. If you have another one, might want to try it.

Heliman450

Hi Tony, I sent them an E-Mail to their online support. I carried out a reset as per the manual, ran the battery flat and re-charged it. Works fine with a normal walkabout. I'm yet to test it at the field, fingers crossed.

Heliman450

Hi all, latest update on my Sunnycam glasses.........................

I went to the field today and spent two batteries' worth of testing using both the glasses and my Handycam. As we speak, I'm going through an edit of the most boring video ever produced :facepalm:! However, I can say that the Sunnycam worked this time after a reset and battery charge. I had to increase the brightness and make a few small changes to the colour balance but I think the end result is quite good.

I haven't bought my video editing programme yet, but will publish something early next week due to a visit to the Swiss Championships F4C over the weekend. I'll also include something from that event as well.

Bye for now!

Top Bottom