1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

General Summer Temps

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by Capn Pete, Apr 17, 2019.

< P-40 Warhawk Build Thread | Installing An Engine Mount >
  1. Capn Pete

Capn Pete Active Member

Blog Posts:
    At what temperature range is it safe to leave transmitters and/or batteries in your car? Planes?
    I know when it's cold, it sucks the life out of batteries. I always take TX and Batts inside with me. But what about the heat?
    thanks.

2. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I would never leave batteries in the car ( or in my models ) period... same with the transmitter.

Take them to a cool dry place that also protects against a potential fire in the event one of them had issues you are unaware of. I know of two people that lost their home or garage due to a battery that they were unaware of having any problems with but still started a fire.

3. Capn Pete

Capn Pete Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm not talking about leaving them in there over night or anything like that. I'm just thinking about during the day when I'm busy doing something else (grocery store eg.). I know guys that leave their planes in their trailers or garages, but just wondering about the TX and batts. How long and in what temp range is it safe to have them in your car?

4. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    The ambient air temp isn't what gets these packs, it's the internal car temp. If it's a bright sunny day and 70ºF outside, it can get over 100ºF inside a closed up car. So if it is 100ºF outside, then it will get very hot in that car. What I do is keep everything shaded and in an area that gets some kind of air flow. 100º F is not going to hurt anything, but going over 120º will start to warp plastic, kill LCD screens and puff batteries. Direct sunlight intensifies this effect.

5. tntpoof

tntpoof Member

Blog Posts:
    its really never safe to leave a lipo in a car.I do have a coolier that runs of of 12v and I set it for 68 degrees F .thats only used for my road trip to play paintball.no lipos where hurt during this event.. I try to use A123 LiFe batteries ..

< P-40 Warhawk Build Thread | Installing An Engine Mount >