450 Suggestions for Beginner 3GX settings

Kamper

HI Everyone,

After work demands for the last 2 months I have finally been able to get back to the setup of my 3GX unit. I was able to pickup a used Thinkpad T60 laptop from work, ($50) so I now have something to use to talk to the 3GX unit, ( remember I am a MAC fan). I went into the controller and took photos of the screens for reference. I was hoping that I could get feed back on suggestions of the settings for very lame flying for now. I would like to just get some "old man" flying in for awhile and then start working on some "sport" flying later. Just for a brief update this is for a Align 450 Pro V2 and I have the firmware update 2.1 installed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ken-

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

Westy

LEGEND
Update to V3.1

all the settings are stock .... make sure you do your DIR again from scratch (should not need levelling if you have done that).... do rudder and gov calibration again also.

make sure you set your ELE and AIL in DIR MODE (before you do the Elim etc) to 7º in your swash menu.

should be fine..... also make sure you callibrate your ELE and AIL gain on your pots too..... check the gyro section to get more info on that .... I have added a few vids too!

Tony

Staff member
Like Westy stated, update the gyro to the newest version. 1.2 (what you are on in that picture) is outdated and 3.1 is more stable. Stock settings are pretty tame nad good for a beginner. But, it's still a ccpm heli, so you will still have to fly it.

Top Bottom