Stupid people...just plain old fashioned stupid

bigone5500

I have not for the life of me figured out what people are thinking when they drive in the dark with only side markers on. Sometimes no lights at all. Are they trying to save money on bulbs in the future? Do they not want to purchase a new set of head lights every 3 to 4 years? Sure let's stretch it out to 4 or 5 years. Maybe they'll get that lucky and make it that far if they don't get smacked by another driver who didn't see them. When it rains profusely let's not turn on our wipers or head lights. That's a no-no. We might burn out a bulb too quickly.

Stupidity prevails in America...land of the free to not turn on their lights.

I hope you all feel better now that I have shared this rant with you. You may now go back to your normal programming.

Geena

Staff member
I don`t know about where you are. But here in Florida, gangs have been known to do that to initiate new prospective gang members. They drive around town at night, with their lights off, and the first vehicle to flash their lights at them is the target. They chase that vehicle down and the one being initiated has to shoot at the vehicle. It doesn`t happen much anymore, but I`ll never flash my lights at a car without the lights on...just to be safe.

bigone5500

I don`t know about where you are. But here in Florida, gangs have been known to do that to initiate new prospective gang members. They drive around town at night, with their lights off, and the first vehicle to flash their lights at them is the target. They chase that vehicle down and the one being initiated has to shoot at the vehicle. It doesn`t happen much anymore, but I`ll never flash my lights at a car without the lights on...just to be safe.
I always heard that was an urban legend. It's probably been done though. I've flashed my lights countless times at others who 'forgot' to turn them on. Some have actually turned their lights on which is good. Safety first. That's the whole purpose of them, to aid in safely driving at night. Plus you can see deer on the side of the road and have time to slam on the brakes. That's about the only animal I'll do that for. Man them things can trash a vehicle.

Boogs

I always heard that was an urban legend. It's probably been done though. I've flashed my lights countless times at others who 'forgot' to turn them on. Some have actually turned their lights on which is good. Safety first. That's the whole purpose of them, to aid in safely driving at night. Plus you can see deer on the side of the road and have time to slam on the brakes. That's about the only animal I'll do that for. Man them things can trash a vehicle.
And really ruin your day if you're riding a motorcycle. The gangs were doing that here in CA for a time, haven't heard of it much lately.

Top Bottom