Micro Stronger Tail

enduser

I thought going easy on the right rudder would make my brushed tail motor last longer, apparently not. I thought life expectancy for the tail motor is at least 3 weeks. I guess not. My previous tail motor lasted 3 days. Previous to that, the tail motor lasted 11 days. Previous to that, it lasted almost a month.

Before going brushless on the tail, I decided to try a 7 mm tail motor. I ordered a Blade 120 SR tail set and a Nine Eagles 328A tail set. If they're both the same, I found a cheap tail set at myrcmart.com for $2.99

If anyone has or has tried a 7 mm brushed tail motor, how long do they last ?

Lee

Hi Enduser, Welcome to the forum. Go to the intro section and tell us a bit about yourself. Funny enough my 7mm motor today started to show signs of dying. So i got it in May, its had a tonne of use and abuse, and its lasted 6 months. It worked very well for holding the tail up until today.

enduser

Hi Enduser, Welcome to the forum. Go to the intro section and tell us a bit about yourself. Funny enough my 7mm motor today started to show signs of dying. So i got it in May, its had a tonne of use and abuse, and its lasted 6 months. It worked very well for holding the tail up until today.
Thanks. I should've mentioned that it'll be for my Walkera Genius CP. If I could average more than a month on the 7mm tail motor, I'll be happy.

enduser

The Blade 120 SR tail motor I ordered came in today and I was disappointed. It is 8.5 mm in diameter with a weight of 6.5 grams. It's huge. My Genius CP tail motor is 6 mm and 2 grams. I took a motor from an old helicopter, a King Cobra G3 (similar to the Syma S107G), which is 7 mm and 3 grams. I'll try that and observe what kind of life span it has.

enduser

An update: The 7 mm tail motor I put on lasted 2 days short of 3 full months, and it was a used motor. Average number of flights per day is 3.

It took a while, but HobbyKing.com is finally stocking parts for their Turnigy FBL100. It's tail motor holder is useful for 7 mm motors (the tail motor holder is intended for 2 mm tail booms).

Lee

I get my tail motors and holders from Hawk-RC they have everything you need for micro helis

Lee

Any heli with a brushed tail motor has a limited life span, before you will need to change it out. You'll know when, as the tail will not hold the heli anymore.

Top Bottom