Strange

treff

I flew 5 batteries today in between rain and wind. Enjoyed every moment. I flew my 450 FB and 450FBL. On the last flight I decided for the first time to go into IU because the wind had begun to blow a little strong. I flew around, no problem. The fear of nose in flying now is a thing of the past. I was really enjoying. I landed and switch the tx from IU back to normal flight mode. The helicopter did not leap off the floor but it rose up about four feet and then went back down again without any input at all. Strange. Just wonder if anyone had any idea of what happened. In normal mode throttle curve is 0,47,70,70, 70 and IU 85,85,75,85,85. No damage just very surprised LOL. Cheers

cml001

What is the pitch differences between normal and idle up? When u toggle them is it a smooth transition?

treff

Thanks for the reply cmloo1 The pitch settings are the same in both normal and IU and yet there is a pitch change when I flick the switch. The motor
goes faster of course but there is a little flick in the pitch which then changes to normal and the heli comes down. I have never noticed before because
I have never used IU. There must be some difference between them and I am missing it. I will have another look. Thanks again

cml001

Well yeah the head speed increase or decrease will make it jump just a bit accordingly... While in flight use the switch at 50/50.... 0 pitch... It shouldn't do much of anything there... But as I said if u switch it with pos or neg in the least... The head speed will reflect that... Hope that helps.

Last edited:

treff

Thanks very much, yes helped greatly. I was just taken by surprise that switching down from IU to normal made the helicopter lift off the deck. It
was pretty windy by the way, that's why I used IU for the first time to get more control in the windy conditions. Thanks again I appreciate your help. Cheers

cml001

No prob... Wind will cause transitional lift, yes.. Regardless of head speed.. It's almost like giving it more pitch... But really it's just introducing more airflow into the rotor... Pretty fun sometimes to fly on a windy day.... Kinda weird to hover and watch your heli bounce up & down with the wind while not giving input.. Strange indeed.

Top Bottom