600 Strange Going On

holtneil

Hi guys I just want tell you what a strange time my goblin had , it all started with the scorpion motor bearing failing and the motor grinding to a stop the motor was really hot , so I posted the motor off to my best mate smoggy , he rebuilt it and tested it then posted it back , I refitted it and took it up for test , It was not good it looked like the rotor disc was still but the heli was doing a belly dance under it so I landed no matter what head speed used it didn't make any difference and battery was running out of power fast,I normally get 8 mins flight time now It was less than 6
A call To smoggy tech support , we both could not decided if the magnets were cooked , but we both decided it's worth a calibration of the YGE esc so I charged the flight pack to 4 volts a cell and did the calibration
It worked heli is back to normal no more belly dance , the strange thing is why did the motor failing make the ESC forget it's throttle setting

Smoggie

Yeah, this one had me scratching my head too. It would seem like the ESC was overloaded when the motor failed, and that somehow made it lose it's calibration settings. Doesn't really make much sense but it's the only explanation that fits the facts.

Smoggie

Here’s some pics of the motor damage:

Bearing:
31461D1E-8172-4E27-877A-5BC6AF2B6D15.jpeg

Shaft damage:
8F6419E7-E4ED-428F-90A3-252B67B35FFA.jpeg

Damage to the ‘can’ due to collapse of bearing:
5F65ADB2-54F9-4E12-870F-F04C50208A40.jpeg

Top Bottom