Batteries Storage charge / discharge

Slobberdog

Guys can I do multiple batteries on discharge using the paraboard, or would it be best to do it one at a time.

Tony

Staff member
As long as they are within 2% of each other when you plug them in, you can charge, discharge the packs together. On a discharge though, the 306b will get quite warm and the fan will kick on high.

pvolcko

Yeah. You can do it, but since there is a pretty low limit on how much power these chargers will discharge, each battery added will end up extending the total discharge time. Personally I do them one at a time, unless they are small batteries (like for a mcpx, nano, etc.).

callsign4223

Staff member
I prefer to discharge batteries using my heli. :)

Actually, I really do it that way. If I don't have time to go to the field I will just spool it up in IU and leave it with negative pitch on the ground for the full duration of the timer. You gotta watch it, but it's a lot quicker than waiting on the discharge cycle of the charger.

xokia

I prefer to discharge batteries using my heli. :)

Actually, I really do it that way. If I don't have time to go to the field I will just spool it up in IU and leave it with negative pitch on the ground for the full duration of the timer. You gotta watch it, but it's a lot quicker than waiting on the discharge cycle of the charger.

Yea I try to do the same unless its raining outside. I have so many batteries though I'd spend a long time outside discharging batteries. I have a 4 port charger so I can charge and discharge 4 batteries at a time. Sometimes its easier just to hook them up to the charger then go watch some TV. Usually when I go flying I will charge all my batteries up and take all my helis to the field. If I crash then a bunch come back fully charged. Or if I just dont get around to flying a particular heli I'll end up with a bunch of fully charged batteries.

Sometimes I have to pack it up early. These helis are like poop for flies for small boys they just cant resist. It amazes me the number of parents that will leave their kids unattended chasing flying helicopters. I try to head out when the park is empty. If kids show up I'll land and leave.

Slobberdog

Thanks guys, just got lumbered on Sunday, will use them in the hall tonight on hover practice, but just wanted to enquire, I have read discharging using the regenerative discharge on my charger is supposed to be good but need a battery to do it with, but will look more into that function.

Derek

I used my charger to discharge one of my batteries....once. It took such a long time. It's much faster and easier to just put the battery on my heli and have a hover session in my yard.

Tony

Staff member
Derek, the i306b will discharge at 30 amps if it's connected to a car battery. Doesn't take long on a 2200. Love this charger. And, with it's regenerative discharge, it will actually put power back into the car battery.

Dirk

Like my new Cellpro Powerlab 6. I used regenerative discharge on my car battery the other day. I discharged 4 packs at once. It was pretty quick. When I try and do that on my AC power supply, it takes forever. (yawn)

xokia

Derek, the i306b will discharge at 30 amps if it's connected to a car battery. Doesn't take long on a 2200. Love this charger. And, with it's regenerative discharge, it will actually put power back into the car battery.
Sweet didn't even know that existed. Could be a nice feature on long camping trips just incase your car battery goes dead.

Derek

That's awesome, Tony! My tp610c took a long time to discharge to a storage capacity, so I just take my heli out to the yard for some more hover practice. No harm in that, lol.

Top Bottom