Quad Still having some difficulty triming

gbakakos

Hello all,

Well its done for now. The build that is. Pictures below. Still need to go back and do a little tucking and wire moving. But for the most part it runs.

I continue to have trouble getting it stable 1 to 2 feet of the ground or even 6 inches for that matter. Slides around goes forward then backwards regardless of how I trim it.

I found a local RC group doing a meetup and fly meeting next weekend. So I joined the group and going to see if I can get some kind person to help finalize the settings and show me the ropes.

Pictures are below and I'm welcome for any suggestions.

20150904_113847_resized.jpg20150904_113804_resized.jpg20150904_113907_resized.jpg

20150904_113847_resized.jpg

20150904_113804_resized.jpg

20150904_113907_resized.jpg

EyeStation

You really do not want to be adding trim from the transmitter. The Flight control board will believe it is a stick input and it will act weird on you.
And you will also experience a lot of prop wash being that low, and if you are indoors, even worse.
Check to make sure your center of gravity is right.
You got the tough part out of the way. Good luck getting it sorted out.

Lee

Looks good mate, but I would try to place your VTX in a position where the Antenna isn't sticking out the back like that.
First tail crash, will break that antenna straight off.

gbakakos

Looks good mate, but I would try to place your VTX in a position where the Antenna isn't sticking out the back like that.
First tail crash, will break that antenna straight off.

Good point Lee. I will relocate it.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

You really do not want to be adding trim from the transmitter. The Flight control board will believe it is a stick input and it will act weird on you.
And you will also experience a lot of prop wash being that low, and if you are indoors, even worse.
Check to make sure your center of gravity is right.
You got the tough part out of the way. Good luck getting it sorted out.

Thanks for the input EyeStation

Stambo

Have you eliminated vibrations?
What sort of FC are you using?
Are you flying self level or rate/acro?
What TX are you using?

More information leads to more relevant answers. :)
Also a video can show us what is going on far better than words.
A hover low to the ground will put you in your prop wash, you will never get a stable hover just above the ground.

Totally agree about not trimming from tx, the FC will certainly see it as stick input.
Trimming should be done at the FC, it can be done either by stick input or in the software.

Top Bottom