General still confused

Sparse

hey everybody its been a bit but im still around just have been busy. on my heli im using a 3gx with a sat and a dx7. I know when you are using a sat your supposed to put the gyro on aux 2. however when i do this i can not get it to go from head holding to rate mode, when flicking the switch. is there something i am missing. how do you dx7 users have this set up cause im at a loss.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the gyro will go into channel 7, or aux2 when you are using only the satellites. In your gyro menu, make sure you change the channel to aux2 and put the switch on whatever switch you want. That is, if you cna do it on the DX7.

YOu will also have to adjust the positions of the switch as well so it knows you are in rate or HH mode. does your Tx go from 0-100, or -100 to +100?

Sparse

0 to a 100 i think tony im not at the heli right now how ever the i can put the gyro on the flight mode switch or i can move throttle hold to iu2 and put the gyro on the throttle hold switch. however a guy at my hobby shop said i can by pass the gyro and use the travel adjust on the tx. (but i dont know how true that is and i dont want no more nose plants with the heli)

Tony

Staff member
Can you use the travel adjust? Yes. I don't suggest it though. there is a reason you have a gyro menu in that transmitter. When you get home, let me know for sure what yoru gyro numbers go to. We will get it going.

murankar

Staff member
Your travel settings in the radio should read 0 at the low end and 100 at the high end.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom