Still Can't Catch A Break

Tony

Staff member
I was sitting here at the computer trying to come up with a new intro for my videos. I was playing with a few different formats and trying them out. I'm using Pinnacle Studio 18.5 for those that don't know. And I have had nothing but issues with this damn program since I started using it. Either it would crash my GPU (EVGA 560ti) or it wouldn't use all 8 cores of my cpu or it would kill my RAM by using some, dumping it, then using more, rinse and repeat until I had NO MEMORY LEFT. Or the damn program would just lock the hell up and I would lose the hours of editing work that I was doing.

So after a bit of playing with this new intro, I went to play it back and I had NO SOUND. So I render what I had done so far and the rendering had sound, but the editing didn't. I looked at all of my audio settings and everything is working. I can see on teh bar at the bottom of the pinnacle editing page that there is in fact sound, but it's not being output to the speakers.

That's it, I completely give up on pinnacle.

I hate to say it, but until I get on my feet again there will be no more videos. If I can't hear what I'm editing, then it's useless to edit anything. I have been trying out a new program, but it puts a watermark in the beginning of the video since it's a trial version. And I just flat dont' have the $130 to purchase it.

I'm really thinking about finding someone that has an apple computer and downloading a copy of OSX and doing a dual boot with windows and OSX so that I can run their editing software which is one of the best, even though it's $300.

I really don't want to have to sell anything just so I can edit videos, but I'm thinking that is what I"m going to have to do. I will have another product waiting for me here at the house in a few days and if I can't get it edited, then I'm boned.

Friggin Mondays...

murankar

Staff member
with out seeing what you got in pinnacle I cant help you. I would have to fire up pinnacle and see what is what. I have not gotten into the custom settings. I could care less if the video processes on the video card or the CPU, or if I am using all 4 cores. As long as I get a final product I am fine with that. My version has crashed a couple times. Not sure what caused it, but then again I went through a slight evil spell on the lappy. I had to go in a do a bunch of cleaners. Eventually I got fixed, i think I had malware on there from something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom