Still Alive

murankar

Staff member
I got some catching up to do. I am still around and have not flown in a while. I still have a few more things to get and with the holiday season I was not able to get the things I need. BUT they will be getting ordered shortly, sometime in January. I just wanted to do a quick stop and chat and let everyone know that I am Okay (still dealing with the issues) and things are getting better. Its just taking a little bit to get things done.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

As for the kids they had a great christmas. Each kid (Except Nico, because he has been wanting a tablet) got something hobby related. Sage (my youngest got the RC Truck, Aiden got a Bachmann N Scale train set and my Daughter got the Celestron 127eq telescope. My daughters face was priceless when she opened it up and my camera was acting screwy so I missed it.

Have a great year guys/gals. Make it a SUPER YEAR!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
Hope everything works out bro. Stressful times for sure, I'm right there with you...

murankar

Staff member
I have not had much interest in doing things lately. So I have been at the counselors and medicating as needed. It's been a rough ride lately. Really the only things I have been doing is trolling facebook and that's been not fun. I should have one of the 2 helis up by the end of January and hopefully I can fly.

trainrider06

Yeah myself have been in a heli funk here lately, crashed my 500 about a month ago and $200.00 later I should have all the parts now to fix it. But I am struggling to get after it. I have a couple other things I want to do to a couple of helis, and just not there.
Hasn't helped that its cold in the garage, but I have a heater when its cold out there, just can't bring myself to doing much!
I hate when the weather turns colder anyway, and thats probably what my deal is.....once I get to accept winters here I should pick up my heli tools and get some things done then....I swear I was a Bear in my other life! LOL I truely hate winter and go through this every winter! Except here in the last few years my old body reminds me more so than my brain to hate winter!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah myself have been in a heli funk here lately, crashed my 500 about a month ago and $200.00 later I should have all the parts now to fix it. But I am struggling to get after it. I have a couple other things I want to do to a couple of helis, and just not there.
Hasn't helped that its cold in the garage, but I have a heater when its cold out there, just can't bring myself to doing much!
I hate when the weather turns colder anyway, and thats probably what my deal is.....once I get to accept winters here I should pick up my heli tools and get some things done then....I swear I was a Bear in my other life! LOL I truely hate winter
and go through this every winter! Except here in the last few years my old body reminds me more so than my brain to hate winter!
I hear you and feel for you. That's why I live in Florida. I can't stand the cold either. Well my old body can't handle it anymore and my arthritis doesn't like the cold either. The good thing is that I can fly most of the year. The bad side is that there is no change from winter,spring, summer and fall. All year round it looks the same. Oh well, it's home.

trainrider06

Yup! Have been to Florida several times, and although the temps are not bad I know it can be a humid place in the summer
As much as I hate the cold, I do like the 4 seasons....Texas just has burning hot and dry, or incredibly windy and cold seasons. The wind here really sucks in the winter! Well I guess there sometimes is a spring and fall, but they last a week or two, and then it goes scorching hot, or windy cut through you cold.
It's always extreme too. Was watching the news the other day and the rain fall this year total was 64 inches!
Have seen other times it was like 14 inches for the year.
Just crazy extreme! I'd just like some sort of normal. Doesn't help that I work outside either. I could handle the cold if that wasn't the case.

Top Bottom