Trucks Steering fine going right but left it fails

mrjordan

Hey, So when i turn left its fine but when i turn right it just doesnt turn at all,literally the wheels dont turn either,any ideas?

Tony

Staff member
If you have end point adjustments in your Tx, you may have one side of it lowered all the way. What Tx are you using?

Sparse

yep its your epa/travel adjust. in your tx for steering make sure right and left are at 100%. then you should be good to go.

EyeStation

One thing I learned since setting up flying stuff is having the servo arm correctly positioned on the center of the servo swing. You may have so much trim on the steering that you are limiting the servo throw in one direction.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, great point there ES. Yup, center all of your trims and position the arm so that it's as close to 90 to the steering rack as possible.

mrjordan

If you have end point adjustments in your Tx, you may have one side of it lowered all the way. What Tx are you using?

Nope,ive checked the transmitter,both are at 100,i have taken of the servo arm,set it to center,put it back on and tried that,but that doesnt fix it,it seems to turn fine when i just hold the car and turn left and right ,it just happens after about 2-3 minutes of running, My tx is HT-2.4 EF

Tony

Staff member
If it's fine when you first plug it in, then it dies out, I suspect a bad servo. Might be worth looking into a new metal gear, high torque servo for that thing.

mrjordan

If it's fine when you first plug it in, then it dies out, I suspect a bad servo. Might be worth looking into a new metal gear, high torque servo for that thing.

Figured it out,the metal gear where the servo horn hooks on,the threads has literally just burnt of,so guess im looking for a new servo,and for the exact one its £25 which isnt bad

- - - Updated - - -

Am i able to get any other type of servo,or does it have to be exact brand and model?

Tony

Staff member
You can get any servo as long as it's a standard size. The servo that I suggest is the Spektrum 6040 servo. It's what I used on my Losi truck to race with. It's fast and powerful. But there are a number of servos out there to choose from from Align, Savox (a popular brand for cars and trucks) to Airtronics, futaba and so on. And even some of the china servos can work, but I don't know much about those.

mrjordan

You can get any servo as long as it's a standard size. The servo that I suggest is the Spektrum 6040 servo. It's what I used on my Losi truck to race with. It's fast and powerful. But there are a number of servos out there to choose from from Align, Savox (a popular brand for cars and trucks) to Airtronics, futaba and so on. And even some of the china servos can work, but I don't know much about those.

I think ill stick with hitecs servo as im skint for cash right now

Tony

Staff member
Hitec is a decent brand as well. Not as fast or strong, but still pretty good. Just make sure you get a metal gear servo. and I understand about being strapped for cash. Getting ready to take my 71 chevy truck over the scales for some extra cash... Really don't want to do that, but it is what it is.

mrjordan

Hitec is a decent brand as well. Not as fast or strong, but still pretty good. Just make sure you get a metal gear servo. and I understand about being strapped for cash. Getting ready to take my 71 chevy truck over the scales for some extra cash... Really don't want to do that, but it is what it is.

:):):):) man,true tho

Tony

Staff member
It's all good though. Now have some cash to pay for an unexpected bill that arose this morning (we are not going to talk about that one...) so we should still be okay. But it does suck, I have owned that truck since I was 13...

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming hahaha.

nayay

Hi there,
first, sorry for my bad english.
I think i have the little same problem.
I buy new little RC Boat UDI001 venom, but the steering looks not neutral. turn left is fine but turn right just only move a little.
any suggest how to trim the steering?
Tanx

Top Bottom