Spektrum Starting to get a little too "Easy Mode"

callsign4223

Staff member
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/ar635-6-channel-as3x-sport-receiver-SPMAR635

Just saw this on Horizon's website. I understand the need for 3 axis gyros for helis to go fbl. But I am starting to wonder if moving it over to planes is starting to make it too simple. Is it starting to take some of the skill out of the hobby? I am all for helping new folks getting into the hobby, but some of the fun is mastering the skills needed to fly. I have flown my plank twice and crashed it both times. I still don't want one of these to make it easier. I want to be able to master the plane, not just fly the plane.

Westy

LEGEND
Yeah .... I agree with your comments. However ya just cant stand in the way of technology.

I personally got more satisfaction out of mastering the Flybarred Heli as I believe my eye hand motor skills are sharper. But then again, I am sure if I had started today on the Latest FBL helis .... I would have a different view LOL

I have a mate that only flies with Rate Gyros on his old nitro heli and we would not have it any other way. He is no older than I am and I call him a grumpy old man for not adapting with the technology..... I mean you can run the new 3 axis gyros on non FBL helis too so one gyro will do all.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I saw that the other day. It's a great idea on micro planes that are twitchy as hell, but on bigger planes, they are not needed. My Edge 540T is rock solid stable without a gyro and I will never put one on it.

Top Bottom