1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Projects Starting The Edge 540. Pretty Excited

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by Joseph J Barletta, Oct 27, 2019.

< Weird flying machine. | Canadair Ct114 Tutor Build >
  1. Joseph J Barletta

Joseph J Barletta New Member

I finished the RC-Help trainer and that worked great. I gave it to my nephew to learn with it. I cut out the foam pieces for the plane and am getting it started this afternoon. I was going to put some LED light on it as well :)

I am curious to what motors people have used and the experience they have had with them.

I am more interested with slow flight more than speed and torque.

I also am timing the build to see how long it takes from start to finish. So far, downloading, printing, cutting and taping plans and cutting out on foam board was 2.5 hours.

2. Joseph J Barletta

I was considering the following I have on hand:

EMAX GT 2215/10 1100kv

EMAX MT2213-935 935kv

A2212-10 1400kv

3. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Use the EMAX GT 2215/10 1100kv, it should work well on that plane. Almost the same specs as the motor I listed in the PDF plans.

Joseph J Barletta likes this.
  4. Joseph J Barletta

Thanks. I was going to play with the props, I have 7x4 to 10x 4.7 to play with:

BTW the Trainer build was great, my nephew enjoys it.

5. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Yea, the trainer is a pretty easy build, takes crashes pretty well, especially if you use rubber bands on the wing, and I think it flies quite well. I want to build another one for myself lol.

As for the Edge 540, be ready for it, it's a twitchy little beast! Definitely use super low rates when getting used to it.

Joseph J Barletta likes this.
  6. Joseph J Barletta

Everything matched up perfectly. Your PDF is AWESOME! Have you ever thought about publishing the full-size PDF plans, not just the mulit-paged ones? I use Inkscape to design the graphics and it is easier to import one file.

Hopefully, I get to test fly it tomorrow. I will upload an image or video when done. I am waiting for my Go-Pro 8...not till next week at least though :(

< Weird flying machine. | Canadair Ct114 Tutor Build >