450 Started My 450 Build After 10 8 Years - Help

Loken

Following the videos and manual i started to take apart the head to add thread lock and lube and there here we go 5 min in the build and i cannot loose 2 screws. Now it seems that the alan screw head stripped , 1.5,mm key is loose and 2mm is to big. 20180823_160934.jpg

Admiral

I use a Dremel with a cut off blade to cut a slot through the middle of the head and then undo with a straight screwdriver.

Cyclone 7

A metal epoxy & a throw away conventional allen key, works quite well for the smaller or 'difficult to get to' ones. Needs to be left over night though for the epoxy to cure and harden thoroughly.

Tony

Staff member
I also just cut a slot in the head and use a flat blade screw driver. Then, order a set of Align screws to replace all of them.

However, if the screw is that tight, and the bearing is moving freely, then you can probably skip that one.

Loken

Thanks for the tips. I will leave it as is as its really tight. I will keep you posted on the build. Should i put oil on all the bearings?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, I would definitely put some oil on all bearings and make sure they are all spinning freely.

Top Bottom