700 Spooling up problem on trex700e.

hatchet

:sad0147::sad0147:
Help anyone,
In normal mode throttle try's to cut out each time I raise the throttle slowly.im using 30% flat.i get to half stick no lift off,then just go over half stick the tail will drift to the right.im not using governor mode.i went into it on the PC just to give me an idea for me to run at.any idea why it's doing this?

holtneil

Hi mate if your running a fixed throttle but no governor the head speed is to low try flat line of 60% and a normal pitch curve
Depend on how you fly most use -12to+12 linear curve I fly scale and sport so I use -2,0,5,8,12 and in sport -8,0,5,8,12
The best way to set up is use an ESC with governor mode or fixed head speed hobby king YEP or YAP esc are cheap and work as well as castle or hobby wing but at 1/4 the price
Try this see if it sorts the problem and then we can fine tune it the lower the head speed the harder it is to get the tail to stay put

Last edited:

hatchet

Hi pal
Yes I'm running a fixed throttle and no governor mode,I'm no 3D pilot,just normal flying.my normal pitch curve is set to 47,48,49,50,66.5,83.5,100 using dsx9 tx,I am using castle ice2 120amp.i did go into governor mode just to give me an idea what rpm to run at,it gave me 1800rpm run 30% flat then IU2 2000rpm run at 70,so I don't need IU2.so just try 60% flat and keep my normal pitch curve what I have put in.?

holtneil

Hi mate if you only fly scale type or sport set pitch on a pitch gauge to give -2,0,5,8,12 for sport change point one to -8 this will let you roll and loop as you have the castle esc use the fix rpm mode in the governor ,it's a really nice way to fly
It's easy to set up start by setting up a fixed end points on the throttle in the transmitter the castle software tells you step by step how to
Then go into governor mode in the castle software and dial in teeth on main and pinion also the KV of your motor once this is done look at the 3boxes for fixed rpm then dial in the head speed you want it will then tell you what flat line you need for that head speed ,you use throttle hold to turn motor on and off so what your have is this sort of set up
Hold -25
Normal 52% flat line
Idle1 60% flat line
Idle2 70% flat line
Don't use these they are just of the top of my head it's just to give you an idea
Use the pitch gauge to set up match normal flight to your hold pitch so if you hit throttle hold the motor shuts off but you still have normal pitch range to fly on
Try and use the fixed rpm mode of the esc this keep head speed ,at the moment you are using part of the system but the esc needs all the info and full set up to work to its best you have a really top esc shame not to use it fully
If you set up like I said and dial in the head speeds it will fly nice you can match idle1 and idle2 but you must dial numbers in to the fixed rpm set up if you want to see how it works watch my cobra 500 video in the scale section of the forum this is on a fixed rpm set up castle esc

Last edited:

holtneil

Ok mate just set up as normal mid stick zero pitch level swash at mid stick and zero / full stick then set up the ar7200bx Tony is the guy if you get stuck on that once that's done we can then set up the end points in the transmitter for the esc to work right then all that is left is the fixed rpm in governor mode ,sounds a lot but it's not and if you spend the time now on a really spot on set up this heli is going to fly like a dream and be super stable
Good Luck take your time and if you get stuck ask

Smoggie

it gave me 1800rpm run 30% flat then IU2 2000rpm run at 70,so I don't need IU2.so just try 60% flat and keep my normal pitch curve what I have put in.?

Hatchet,

the 30%, 70% and 100% that Castle uses in the governor are not throttle openings. Castle is basically using the throttle as a three position switch to activate the pre-set three governed headspeeds. The 30%, 70% and 100% are just the switch values that trigger the three headspeeds, they have no relation to actual throttle opening %.

If you are trying to fly with a 30% throttle curve in normal mode then your headspeed will be FAR too low which like Neil says will explain the loose tail hold and generally crappy flying. My advice would be to ditch normal mode and just use the governor, about 1800RPM will be fine for general sport flying.

Top Bottom