500 Spoke to soon about 3GX on V5.0

holtneil

Well blow me I spoke to soon about the 3GX working well on v5.0, I have been flying it most days ok till a wag started on the tail just a very small one , then the other day just as I hit a high head speed to take off it tips over , OMG what a mess 1x main gear 1x main shaft 1x feathering shaft 1x tail boom
1x servo gears 1x set of main blades
So rebuilt it it did have to be Steve Austin just a nice Trex 500 pro dfc , I had a hell of a tail wag so after a day of messing a round changing setting , reflashing with 3.1 and tail set ups I got rid of the wag Thank god for that , So I fitted a new battery and just before take off it trys to tip over so I punch the throttle and it in the air it hovers very smooth no wags all nice about 2 mins in the heli starts to pitch pump so hard as I was only 1 foot up it slams into the ground smashing the skids , well it hard to land on one half of a skid set up , so I had to do some more repairs
So thats it now 3GX is in the bin just like my first one and a Kbar blue koala will be here by Tuesday
What is it with the 3GX sets up nice, works nice till its had enough then thats it all over so my lovely un crashed Trex is now a crashed Trex repaired

Derek

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with the 3GX. I have the 3GX on my 450 PRO DFC and it's super solid with 5.0. I had 3.1 for a long time and it was solid while in the air, but it was tricky while the helicopter was still on the ground. It always wanted to tip over. I've spoke with Tony about this many times (he's very knowledgeable with the 3GX, without a doubt) and he said that 3.1 always wanted to tip the helicopter over. I did make the change to 5.0 last summer and I've been running it "solid" since.

Although...Once I get another Ikon controller here, I'm going to pass the 3GX onto someone else. I want the same controller on my helicopters.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Kbar. It's inexpensive and it works. Best of luck with the new controller!!!

Tony

Staff member
Dude, this sucks hearing this. This is the exact reason why nothing I have is running a 3GX now. I have done every modification to every setting in this gyro, tested for hours on end to only get a marginally good gyro. 7200BX, rock solid with factory settings. Ikon, rock solid with factory settings. 3GX, good luck getting off the ground, and if you do, I might have a horrible tail shake, horrible cyclic shake, 180º+ tail bounce back to throw off your orientation or just straight up do a flip or roll 180º and pile drive the helicopter into the ground.

This is what I have taken from the 3 gyros. I have never had my hands on a Kbar or Vbar, so can't really say anything about them. But people seem to be having good luck with them. Post up your thoughts when you get it in the air. and yup, we want video!!! lol,

holtneil

Hi Guys the Kbars are really good I have one fitted to my Cobra and man you can have that at full head speed and walk away from it ,It will just sit there no tip over , the software for the pc is super easy to use , and in advanced mode you can dial in some many settings but each one will tell you what it does to the heli
The blue has governor mode and status leds and will do electric or nitro, yellow has status leds and can also side mount( this is the only one that will) no governor, the black, clear has no status leds and no governor
I know guys that have these on 700 class helis and they hover hands off and do full 3D with no problems
They use the Vbar software to set up just dont used the one that dials home or it will brick the unit , if any of you get one this is the software links that are safe NON dial home , They are a Vbar clone so set up is the same as the Vbar and MR Mel has done loads of videos on set up
Software
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...setup5.3.4.exe
Drivers
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ert_driver.zip

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tony if you get chance try the Kbar Blue koala your love it

Tony

Staff member
If I can ever find time to fly the heli's, I have planned on trying it. Just need to figure out how to put more hours in a day.

Top Bottom