450 spinning like a top!!

pj1969

Hi guys, just a little problem with my 450 clone. i cant stop it from spinning like mad round and round on take off!!!! I've put a new tail unit on and its started doing it all of a sudden. Both tail rotor and main blades are going in right direction, it seems to do it in rate and heading mode!!!! any ideas on what to look at next?? i'm using DX6i with GULANG gm700 gyro. was working fine earlier before i changed tail unit. What have i done wrong????

Slobberdog

Have you swapped the blade holders from trailing edge input to leading edge input, or vice versa, that's what it sounds like to me, if you have you will need to reverse your gyro.

pj1969

Ive just checked and blades are leading edge first. Just held tail and wagged it and it seems gyro working correctly as it pinches my finger etc. :crushed:

Slobberdog

The slider might be going in the right direction but are the blades, if your last tail was trailing edge then this tail will need the gyro to be reversed as it is leading edge

pj1969

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! tried swapping blades, "R" on gyro and rate mode, still the same. doing my head in now lol

Westy

LEGEND
Also check the tail rotor si spinning in the correct direction ..... the bottom blade should sweep up toward the main blade (Clockwise with heli nose left)

Tony

Staff member
When looking at the tail blades from the right side, they should be spinning counter clockwise. If that is correct, then your gyro is reversed.

pj1969

All sorted guys!!!! it was an error on my side. When connecting the drive belt, i twisted it 90º and the blades were going in the clock wise direction, BUT i had the heli facing to the right as it sat in front of me and that made me unknowingly twist belt wrong way. I just stripped it all down, twisted 90º the right way, built it back up and just test flown it and HEY PRESTO she's flying like a dream!!!!!!!! Many thanks for all the help guys, Tony, Lee and dog, as always you got me back up!!!

pj1969

it was a night mare to find as all settings, gyro and blades all seemed to be working. I even looked at the pdf of the manual and checked i'd turned belt 90º, done every thing right, but had heli facing wrong way. Well i didnt even know there was a right or wrong way haha.
Tony your the experct on VIDEO's, it took me 24hrs to figure out what i done wrong, so feel free to make one on my behalf lol :welcoming:

Top Bottom