450 Spinning 450 dominater

MADD matz

I have a 450 dominater paired with ar7200bx and a dx9 problem I'm having is with the blades off and I spool up the helicopter all the way it doesn't spin but when I put the blades on and spool up right when the helicopter gets lite on its skids and begins to start hovering the heli starts spinning outta of control real fast I've checked correction direction and it's fine plz help

Smoggie

If you are 100% sure that compensation is correct then you could have the tail gain set very low. Also a photo of the tail of the heli might help us spot possible assembly errors.

MADD matz

Ok sure here is a pic of the tail and gyro number three on the gyro is supposed to be the gain for the tail so ur saying maybe add a little gain to number three and it could change it ?

1494171765815-213590218.jpg

Smoggie

That looks fine. Sometimes the grips can get reversed so that the arms are on the trailing side rather the n the leading side, but yours are ok. On belt drive helis it's easy to get tail rotation reversed but yours is torque tube so not an issue.

That leaves gyro compensation reversed (in which case I'd expect it to spin even without the blades on) or simply that the gain is set at virtually zero so it's not compensating at all. Only other option would be a bad servo or very bad mechanical binding, either of which should be obvious on the bench.

When you turn the heli left and right by hand does the tail respond by moving to full travel?

MADD matz

That looks fine. Sometimes the grips can get reversed so that the arms are on the trailing side rather the n the leading side, but yours are ok. On belt drive helis it's easy to get tail rotation reversed but yours is torque tube so not an issue.

That leaves gyro compensation reversed (in which case I'd expect it to spin even without the blades on) or simply that the gain is set at virtually zero so it's not compensating at all. Only other option would be a bad servo or very bad mechanical binding, either of which should be obvious on the bench.

When you turn the heli left and right by hand does the tail respond by moving to full travel?
Yes by moving by hand it moves to full throw sometimes considering g how much you turn it

MADD matz

Yes by moving by hand it moves to full throw sometimes considering g how much you turn it
Not much binding at all in the tail I can move it freely without hooked to servo and servo moving with no binding servo moves free as well and can't feel any gear teeth missing

Smoggie

You make a good point on the missing gear teeth, that is a VERY common problem on the Trex 450 Pro so something to be 100% sure is ok.

MADD matz

So should I look into the gain on the tail it flew fine before I crashed it with gain set like it is now I replaced tail boom and torgue tube and here I am fustarated lol!!!!

Tony

Staff member
If it is spinning as fast as it can when you get it into the air, then the tail gyro direction is definitely reversed. When checking your correction directions, the trailing edge of the tail blades should point into the direction of movement.

MADD matz

If it is spinning as fast as it can when you get it into the air, then the tail gyro direction is definitely reversed. When checking your correction directions, the trailing edge of the tail blades should point into the direction of movement.
Ok thanks Tony I'll double check that thanks for the help guys

Westy

LEGEND
Easy way to see this is:
1. Stand at rear of heli
2. Fold top blade forward (looking down on the tail rotor from the top).

..... behind tail boom. Push the tail so that nose goes left (tail moves to the right)
Now you should see the tail blade that is folded forward also pushing toward the right.
If it going left ... then reverse gyro and you will be sweet (retest to be sure)

Top Bottom